Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Can You Trust Invisible Men & Shell Corporations Post UIGEA?

With things going the way they are post UIGEA you have to ask yourself how much you can trust the people behind the site(s) you play at. As is becoming crystal clear, at anytime your cash at these sites could be very hard to transfer out, or be frozen altogether. So how much do you really know about the people who own these sites, their backgrounds, business ethics, etc.? Lets look at two big sites, Stars and UB. PokerStars is owned by an Israeli named Isai Scheinberg. What do you know about him or his background, or his business ethics, or what he will decide to do with your money at Stars if they are forced to pull out of the USA, or just decide to leave? This guy is practically invisible as far as I can see. What do you know about him? Yet you are trusting him with your money. Look, if you decide to play poker at, for example, Wynn in Vegas, you know exactly who you are dealing with--no mystery, no secrets. And that is the foundation of TRUST. But with Stars how can you trust someone you know nothing about? Next is Ultimate Bet. They are owned by some offshore corporation called eWorld Holdings, Inc. Who the heck are they? Who are the people behind eWorld? What are their backgrounds? How ethical are they? Do you know? But if I play poker at Harrahs, for example, I can easily find loads of information about all of their executives. The Bottom Line is this: In the current crazy online poker environment we are now in, how much can we really trust the people behind these sites with our money when the sh*t really starts hitting the fan? It is easy for any site to behave well when everything is going great but any of them can behave in a totally different manner when things start going wrong.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Can You Trust Invisible Men & Shell Corporations Post UIGEA?

I've got a grand on PokerStars. I just "loaned" my brother a grand. I've known my brother all my life. Guess who I trust more with my money?

Your ramblings are becoming tiresome. Can you learn to write with paragraphs, please?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:45 PM

gaboonviper = Bill Frist's new account
Old 02-07-2007, 07:02 PM

What does this post have to do with legislation?

Honestly, your posts belong in NVG or The Zoo, not here. While I agree you're entitled to form your own opinions and express them you really should post in the appropriate forum. This is not the right forum for your Op/Ed articles.

For what it's worth, I really dislike your approach and execution in this whole matter and feel that your scare tactics are unnecessary and only help to create panic when that is the last thing the poker community, as a whole, needs right now. I am open to listening to differing opinions or having someone to play devil's advocate but the way you go about it is just all wrong.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:16 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

gaboonviper for mod!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Well, we part ways.. The Sites you discuss have years of performance

You are way off base here. ....

Two rhetorical questions to show that your razor sharp insights might be better directed eleswhere on this issue.

1. Why ignore that PStars has a 5+ years unblemished track record of honest behavior and paying players ? UB also has a 5+ years track record of paying players. (Other sites have similar records.)

2. Why did the US Federal Reserve ship 363 TONS of USD cash to Baghdad on the request of the Iraqi Finance Minister, where did THAT money go ?

Bonus question for Harrahs' players: Where DID the extra 2,000,000 chips in the WSOP Main Event come from anyway ?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Well, we part ways.. The Sites you discuss have years of performance

[ QUOTE ]
You are way off base here. ....

1. Why ignore that PStars has a 5+ years unblemished track record of honest behavior and paying players ? UB also has a 5+ years track record of paying players. (Other sites have similar records.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhetorical question for you. Would be reasonable to ignore PStars track record given the fact that Neteller, who had a similar track record, robbed people blind?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Well, we part ways.. The Sites you discuss have years of performance

gaboonviper = troll

I think he regged just to spread gloom and doom.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Well, we part ways.. The Sites you discuss have years of performan

[ QUOTE ]

Rhetorical question for you. Would be reasonable to ignore PStars track record given the fact that Neteller, who had a similar track record, robbed people blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the great things about the legislation forum is that the posts here have a higher reason/hyperbole ratio than others.

To that end: At this _current_ moment, we Neteller customers have not been "robbed blind."

The situation is definitely not good, and I understand that there is "present value" of money which is inaccessible against the owner's wishes.

But for the moment, seemingly the entire Neteller entity is "ON HOLD" except for money held in non-US accounts. If you were a part-owner of Neteller, you would also be experiencing the inability to sell your stake (i.e. shares) because trading is halted.

As for the original poster -- he/she should just sign up at some blogging site and post his "dear diary" entries there.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Well, we part ways.. The Sites you discuss have years of performan

gaboon = PartyPoker shill. Also record for highest percentage of alarmist posts vs total post count?

edited to add:

seriously, ban this guy. He obviously has an agenda