Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: 50NL - C-bluffing ace high flops

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm double barreling in position here. With those stats that should fold out any pp or other garbage that he possible called with, and you'll probably face resistance to any hand you are way behind. If he calls again, I would probably say he's got a TPGK kind of hand that he's not going to get away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually what I did, he called and then we checked it down to his AJ. I'm left wondering whether I should maybe have 3rd barrelled.......too spewy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could have 8 barreled here and he still wouln't have folded...
Old 10-25-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand is a 11/2/0.5 over about 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone with these stats calls your raise, he probably has a better hand than KJ. Bet the flop and check/fold the rest of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]qft. These people are not floating 77 OOP and small pairs make up a good majority of his range as does KQ/AJ+. Double barrel is huge spew.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:50 PM

I Cbet here almost every time vs almost every opponent. Double barrel is completely player dependent, although probably not vs a nitty player like this.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:56 PM

I have no idea what you are trying to say - small pairs are better than KJ aren't they?

You say double barrel is huge spew - isn't that what I said?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there might be a good chance that a player like that called a raise from the blind with a pp and was either floating you or flop his set on a pretty dry board. I might error on the side of the set since his af is so low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I'm the agression factor mis-use police. Might you explain why him calling means set? Since you get a low agression factor from calling more than raising, I'm not sure how call = set.

AF = Bet+ Raise/ Call

So if he doesn't bet or raise with a set, what do you think he does bet or raise with?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more the fact that the board was so dry, and hes not likely floating with a pp, a great board for a set vs TPGK he could be trapping and at the very least has his K high beat, which isn't a place I would try to be getting a few more bets in against someone that isn't folding.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what you are trying to say - small pairs are better than KJ aren't they?

You say double barrel is huge spew - isn't that what I said?

[/ QUOTE ]i said "qft" as my first letters ldo. I was just reinforcing what you said.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand is a 11/2/0.5 over about 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone with these stats calls your raise, he probably has a better hand than KJ. Bet the flop and check/fold the rest of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, CB that flop every time and once he calls put him on about AJ+ (yes, he plays AK like this every time too) until you see him get tricky with floating your CBs. Only bet after the flop if you have at least AK, I can't think of a scenario where you should try to bluff this opponent off TPGK.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 AM

The flop Cbet is fine.
His low AF means he most likely won't ck raise the Turn if you fire again. However, you should look at his fold turn %. If it is low, dont fire again. I use that stat if i have enough hands (500 is enough for me) when deciding to 2nd barrel.

Problem with 2nd barrel here is that you really dont have a chance to improve in case you get called.