Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Negreanu > ADZ ? He thinks so..

i dont think adz is that great, but he will DEFINITELY crush negreanu in online HU nl, though daniel prob wont ever play more than 1 table so it would take about 14 years to see any long term distribution.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM

lesson #1: transitive property

most everyone > negreanu
adz > most everyone
adz > negreanu
Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who's ADZ?

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the posters in that thread said he heard that ADZ won or chopped the championship tourney at Turning Stone. If this is true and assuming it was the East Coast Poker Championship this year then it would have to be Matt Marafioti
Old 09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

NWP also mentions it in this link
Old 09-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Old 09-10-2007, 05:37 PM

Halling really needs to start his own "Party with Hollingol" service ala Antonio.....
Old 09-10-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Halling really needs to start his own "Party with Hollingol" service ala Antonio.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Antonio have this kind of a service?? I read about it in one of his bluff articles but never heard of it since then??
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM

If you take a step back and look at this from Daniels perspective you can definitely see why he's getting so defensive. He has had some excellent results live, is widely regarded by the 'non-online' community as one of the best in the world. Therefore when he reads forums like this where he is considered a huge underdog to the top online players and sometimes berated you can clearly see why he's tilted and talking smack.

With that being said, and I'm trying to be objective here, he is oblivious to how good the best online players are and how tough it is in these games. The effort that these players make to become better players by playing millions of hands, posting thousands of posts while making range/odds calculations is something that is inconceivable to a player who has played live all his life (often other games than NLHE). Also for a person that plays 20 hands an hour it's difficult to grasp that the true variance of the game can make you lose for dozens of thousands of hands when being a favourite at the table (especially true at heads up).

There's no doubt in my mind that the absolute majority of the best NLHE players in the world are mainly online experts. I wish that someday when I'll watch tv and hear about the best players in the world this fact will be acknowledged.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:56 PM

He's playing again.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you take a step back and look at this from Daniels perspective you can definitely see why he's getting so defensive. He has had some excellent results live, is widely regarded by the 'non-online' community as one of the best in the world. Therefore when he reads forums like this where he is considered a huge underdog to the top online players and sometimes berated you can clearly see why he's tilted and talking smack.

With that being said, and I'm trying to be objective here, he is oblivious to how good the best online players are and how tough it is in these games. The effort that these players make to become better players by playing millions of hands, posting thousands of posts while making range/odds calculations is something that is inconceivable to a player who has played live all his life (often other games than NLHE). Also for a person that plays 20 hands an hour it's difficult to grasp that the true variance of the game can make you lose for dozens of thousands of hands when being a favourite at the table (especially true at heads up).

There's no doubt in my mind that the absolute majority of the best NLHE players in the world are mainly online experts. I wish that someday when I'll watch tv and hear about the best players in the world this fact will be acknowledged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent post. A++.