Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: $16 - AK bubble, bigstack v bigstack

seems like we have a bunch of different views....whats the best line here?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM

here's the key:
CO (t6205)
Button (t920)
Hero (t4880)
BB (t1495)

We are no where close to bubbling and the BTN/BB are almost gone. There's no reason to take a chance against the large stack.

If our stack was around the other three guys, then you could push over the top preflop.

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know if we want to be playing aces against him.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 PM

ICM says you have to be 73% to win to e.g. c/c CO's push on the flop. There's no way CO has >25% equity in the pot unless he's already ahead. You definitely don't want to signal him that you have the ace cos you want him to double you up and telling him you have the best hand isn't going to help much. IMO if you know CO will shove if you lead then leading works good but often you'll get a fold or a minraise/fold from your standard $16 monkey and there's more value in letting him bluff more than 1 street or v-betting the river yourself.

If he has the ace you're probably going to get it in on all turns/rivers while he has 3 outs. If he has a big pp he might fold to your lead, but would've bet the flop, checked the turn and called a river bet. If he has KQ etc. your lead denies him the chance to bluff while drawing almost dead. So unless you know he will bluffraise the flop you can only lose value by leading. Right?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really want to get it in with ace high with the only player on the table who can bubble you when the button has 900 chips? I push pf with KK+

[/ QUOTE ]

um ya....... ALL in.

AK is ahead of his range.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Edit: If you aren't gonna bet this flop then fold pf, once you see hes coming back at you its fine to just call and check the turn but I think checking this flop is horribly bad and is just asking to get stacked.

How exactly are we gonna get stacked when we have ~90% equity on this board? This is such a no brainer call PF imo. Why shove it in and play a big pot with maybe 55-60% equity when we can see a pretty cheap flop (compared to our stack) and play a big pot with 80-90% equity.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM

grunch:

I think I shove pf, but I am playing/running really bad lately... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Euhm, this is like an excellent stealing opportunity with a legit hand (though that sounds contradictory, you know what I mean here..)?!! Unless that guy is superpsycho and doesn't have a clue what the monkeysh1ts he's doing he has to fold almost his entire range except for QQ+ (even with QQ I wouldn't know what to do there vs a decent player). Why? For the very same reason that you wanted to fold preflop.

Only 6 combinations have you [censored], get it arrrrrr in...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ICM says you have to be 73% to win to e.g. c/c CO's push on the flop. There's no way CO has >25% equity in the pot unless he's already ahead. You definitely don't want to signal him that you have the ace cos you want him to double you up and telling him you have the best hand isn't going to help much. IMO if you know CO will shove if you lead then leading works good but often you'll get a fold or a minraise/fold from your standard $16 monkey and there's more value in letting him bluff more than 1 street or v-betting the river yourself.

If he has the ace you're probably going to get it in on all turns/rivers while he has 3 outs. If he has a big pp he might fold to your lead, but would've bet the flop, checked the turn and called a river bet. If he has KQ etc. your lead denies him the chance to bluff while drawing almost dead. So unless you know he will bluffraise the flop you can only lose value by leading. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a fantastic answer and shows why my flop bet blows ass. Thanks finn.

Is c/c, c/c, c/c that much better than crai? and fwiw, i think pushing pf is by far the worst option we can choose for the simple fact that we are often called by hands we aren't crushing, eg. pocket pairs, and rubbish hands like QJs
Old 06-08-2007, 03:48 AM

wow, I'm sure I would push preflop but yes calling seems way better.
I found a leak, it seems.