Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Default PS60 L4 C-bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO (t1680)
Button (t1505)
SB (t1515)
BB (t1695)
UTG (t1315)
UTG+1 (t1200)
Hero (t1825)
MP2 (t1160)
MP3 (t1605)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 9[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
2 folds</font>, Hero raises to t250</font>, MP2 calls t250, 5 folds</font>.

Flop: (t650) 7[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], Q[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], K[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (2 players)</font>

You like a c-bet here? Stacks are real awkward. Villian was 20/9, 100 hands.

Pot = 650 and villian has about 900 left. Guess I could bet 325 and still fold to resistance.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: PS60 L4 C-bet?

I never know what those stats mean or how to interpret them...so I'm not sure what your read is. If he's tight, I could probably just check fold. If he's loose or loosish, I would probably bet close to the pot and call a push. I don't like c-betting and folding...that seems really exploitable.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:48 PM

You can make it 300 and fold to a shove. Or check, shove over anything half-pottish by him, fold to anything bigger. That's more fun.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Not sure becuase there are alot of hands that he could have here. He might have TT or JJ, which you might get him to fold with a c-bet, but he probably would have pushed over top of your raise with those. AK or AQ flat calls there alot too I would think. You might be ok just check-folding...seems weak so I dunno.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never know what those stats mean or how to interpret them...so I'm not sure what your read is. If he's tight, I could probably just check fold. If he's loose or loosish, I would probably bet close to the pot and call a push. I don't like c-betting and folding...that seems really exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically have no read other than stats (filtered). So that type of guy is playing quite a few more hands that you and I. He is capable of calling a raise call in this spot with AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, QJs, and tons of middle pocket pairs. It is not a perfect read, just sorta my experience with a 20/9 guy. Most of the multitabling 2+2'ers are more in the range of 13/7.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM

I'd probably check/fold. The flop is pretty crappy to cbet on as the only thing you are folding are smaller PP's and ace rag hands(hands you might get a free showdown with anyways). Check/shoving is sexy but I would only do it once in a blue moon.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 PM

Hi Little John,

Pre-flop I think 2.5-3 BB is a good bet size.

When you are called out of position, and the flop comes with two connecting overcards, I would agree with Ditch Digger and c/f the flop. If he checks behind, then come out with your c-bet at the turn.

The problem with a 300+ flop c-bet is that if you are reraised all-in, you are getting 1800+:600- ... considerably better than 3:1. Villain could be (semi-)bluff raising with a stack size about equal to the pot, so this is a difficult spot. Check/folding the flop and stealing the turn if he shows weakness by checking behind avoids this tricky situation, and so without a stronger read, I think it's your best line.

Best Regards,
Collin
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Little John,

Pre-flop I think 2.5-3 BB is a good bet size.

When you are called out of position, and the flop comes with two connecting overcards, I would agree with Ditch Digger and c/f the flop. If he checks behind, then come out with your c-bet at the turn.

The problem with a 300+ flop c-bet is that if you are reraised all-in, you are getting 1800+:600- ... considerably better than 3:1. Villain could be (semi-)bluff raising with a stack size about equal to the pot, so this is a difficult spot. Check/folding the flop and stealing the turn if he shows weakness by checking behind avoids this tricky situation, and so without a stronger read, I think it's your best line.

Best Regards,
Collin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Collin. I did check the flop, he bet half pot, and I folded. I think if his stack was bigger I would have bet half pot. It probably works just enough to be profitable. I think villian is a lot less likely to get tricky on this flop if he has more chips. Also, I would have made a c-bet if villian was in one of the blinds.