Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 01:36 AM

Default stud hi lo

to keep it simple, I know that the villain has been raising like a maniac, I watched him 3bet with A68, etc.

I am not multi-tabling, so I had a read and went with it.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises

4th Street - (17.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (10.70 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

6th Street - (19.70 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (22.70 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (24.70 BB - $24.70)
Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: stud hi lo

Seat 4 is the maniac? That isn't entirely clear. I wouldn't have capped third, and I probably wouldn't have been quite so aggressive throughout the hand. Two Kings is not a monster in this game. Definitely check the river.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:04 AM

I sort of regretted it after the hand, what do you suppose seat 4 (yes, he is the maniac) is doing here?

I was thinking that he had 4 babies. The rest I was sure they were tagging along with lows.

What about the first raise on third street? Against what I was sure was three babies, I was hoping to isolate and the plan of coarse back-fired.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:10 AM

Looking at it closer, I think that third is a fold on the first pass. I missed that the bring-in brought it in full, which should mean a good hand. Behind you is an Ace and a couple of other good low cards, one of them held by a maniac. I also wouldn't expect a raise to get the hand heads-up in a micro-limit game. There are definitely better opportunities.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:53 AM

I dunno about seat 4 but I think seat 7 is a maniac [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno about seat 4 but I think seat 7 is a maniac [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

At these limits, you'll find lots of maniacs.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(chuckle)

I think I played all of my hands reasonably (fold, fold, fold) except for this one. Just needed some flaming, ty.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 PM

The two difference that I see are: raise 4th and check/call river.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM

I'm relatively new to both this forum and Stud 8 but I have to agree with Andy in that I think a fold is in line on 3rd Street. You have an A behind you and even the hands that are most likely going low like the Seat 4 could have a hand as weak as (A-8)-5 and have the luxury of hitting one of the other As against you.

As played though I think I would raise the bet on 4th Street. This is because Seat 5 who bet is most likely going low and the 8 would mean that his high possibilities are probably very weak and since you raised his complete with a K showing its no suprise to everyone that you're going high. Plus both other players caught bad so this could possibly leave you heads up with a player who is drawing for a low (with most likely 6 of his low cards having been folded from the other two players not including the 4d who folded on 3rd St) and most likely has a very weak high hand.

Just my opinion I could be wrong but just figured I'd give you my two cents. Good luck in your future Stud 8 games.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 AM

I play mostly stud hi. Every now and then I'll play a Stud 8 hand like this and right about when I'm getting reraised on fifth street I ask myself, "What the hell am I doing with this hand?" But most of the time I'll just fold for a full bet with the ace behind me. The one upside of having so many low cards behind you, though, is that a lot of their outs are dead.

I doubt raising fourth gets this heads up with twenty small bets and a maniac in the pot.