Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: HUSNG Theory : Flop play in position

Thank you for all of these responses they are great food for thought.

I posted this question because I often would cbet get called check the turn and river and be shown bottom pair and this is really frustrating for me.
Some questions that concern Preflop play the are worth considering for flop play

I never limp preflop from the button, is this something I should be changing? I usually raise the top 30% of hands in the beginning of a match and then widen to about 40-45% of hands as the match progresses is that too tight or too loose?

And about stack sizes
Do you change your cbet strategy based on the effective stack sizes? If yes, why? If no, why not?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this question because I often would cbet get called check the turn and river and be shown bottom pair and this is really frustrating for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that they're probably not folding even if you three-barrel.

I see people call 3 2/3-full pot bets all the time with bottom pair, or even an underpair (22 on a board without a single card lower than an 8). It's the main reason I think my games are probably shorter on average than most. Cause when I see one of these guys (and I see a LOT of them), I'm betting every street with any top pair. And sometimes they have top pair beat.

But really, all you have to do it catch one solid hand against opponents like this when they've caught any piece of the board at all, and you can bleed off half their chips.

And when I say "you" can bleed off their chips, I mean YOU. They always trip up or runner-runner straight on me.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 AM

I agree with everything you guys said so far. I mean limping with sc's and raising with high cards preflop. But some calling stations still have brain and they won't call three overbets on your part if you flop a monster when you limp with sc's. Some of them don't call any overbets so obviusly you can't stack him when you flop a monster in limped pot. But since the odds of catching a great flop with sc's are a longshot, I think that strategy still applies.

Just because some of you said that you can build the pot postflop even in limped pots against them. The answer is - no, against most of them, you can't. I see calling stations who will call potsized bets, but won't call overbets more often than those who call any bet.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:09 PM

Kaon what do you think is correct?