Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Think Party will ever kill off the affiliates?

Just curious what other affiliates think....think Party will eventually close their affiliate section? I mean they've already shown how much they care about affiliates with the Empire mess, how long before the shareholders point out that 8%(I think thats the rate) of Partys profits are going to affiliates when they're big enough that they don't need em anymore?
Old 03-01-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Think Party will ever kill off the affiliates?

So can you get rakeback at Party? I am going to be making an account there but if its not allowed then i wont bother.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:05 AM

According to their VP of Marketing, no.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:10 AM

Thanks for the link to that article. Don't know how I missed it. Very interesting read.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
According to their VP of Marketing, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy actually makes a good argument:

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion on the problem with rakeback is this: too many affiliates try to show rakeback as a benefit to players when in fact they were only using rakeback as a way of stealing players often belonging to other affiliates. These rakeback affiliates would use the chat window to tell people about the deals they could get for them if they signed up under them. The players would then attempt to make a new account usually with incorrect information, under the affiliate. The problem with this was that the player would violate our terms of service, and the original affiliate who did the real work by bringing in the player lost out. Affiliates who were pushing rakeback were not bringing new players to the market, they were just getting credit for players brought in by others and that is not what the affiliate program is set up for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-04-2006, 06:01 PM

absolutely. it is only a matter of time.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious what other affiliates think....think Party will eventually close their affiliate section?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll probably never get rid of their affiliate program, but they might go to a CPA model in the future and do away with the lifetime MGR. I think a lot of the sites will eventually move in this direction.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:46 PM

What Party Poker may not realize as a benefit from the rake return affiliates is that rake discount causes players to play more hands, and play less at other sites. If Party ever cuts out affiliate payments, it will be the first paving stone in the path to dominance by another site.

Planet Poker and Paradise Poker have both ignored the needs of players and have paid the price.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Party ever cuts out affilaite payments, it will be the first paving stone in the path to dominance by another site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that they will ever cut out affiliate payments. More likely, on some date in the future almost all of the sites will go to a strict CPA only system for new signups, while still honoring the old MGR signups.

They will still have some problems to work out with gnome accounts, but the CPA system will eliminate a lot of the preditory practices that we see on a daily basis.

If you need a good reason for this, look no further than this forum for the numerous posts from players looking to defraud the current systems on many of the sites by opening duplicate accounts to get rakeback.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What Party Poker may not realize as a benefit from the rake return affiliates is that rake discount causes players to play more hands, and play less at other sites. If Party ever cuts out affiliate payments, it will be the first paving stone in the path to dominance by another site.

Planet Poker and Paradise Poker have both ignored the needs of players and have paid the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Affiliates in general are highly regarded by Party, they are not going away!