Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

Fingers crossed Mer that this is it!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Mermade

Good luck and remember what I said to my wife when she was birthing: BREATHE!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mermade

Good luck and remember what I said to my wife when she was birthing: BREATHE!

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL! I tell that to all of my moms.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM

O.K. Let's see...

I woke up on Sunday at around 2a.m. something. I was having contractions but they weren't particularly painful. I figured I might as well try to go back to sleep. I tried, but they were strong enough to keep me awake. At 2:41 I got up, took out a sheet of paper and started timing my contractions. They were 5 minutes apart, but not particularly strong. I timed them for about an hour and then called labor and delivery. (I let my husband sleep.) L&D said to take a shower and see if the contractions ease or become stronger and to come in when the contractions have been coming on strong for an hour. I told my husband that labor was starting and I was going to shower. I told him to go back to sleep. I took a shower and the contractions were strong enough that I had to breathe through them. I timed my contractions for a while and then woke up my husband. I told him I'd keep at it while he jumped in the shower. Everything was packed and ready to go.

When he got done, he called L&D and they told us to come in. There was no one on the road at 5a.m. We got there around 5:30. The admissions process was annoying. In the car things had progressed so that when I got to the hospital my contractions were strong and 2 minutes apart. I tried to answer questions that seemed somewhat irrelevant between breathing through contractions. When they checked I was 5cm and completely effaced with the baby's head right there.

A few minutes later, they asked me to move from the evaluation room into the delivery room. I stood up and my water broke. My contractions were coming fast and hard. I had 4 contractions just walking down the hallway. My husband said I left a trail of little bloody footprints behind me.

I got into bed in the delivery room and I had the urge to push. My husband was great. He helped me focus and we breathed together. They checked and I was ready to go. Baby's head was I think they said vertex plus 1. I'm not familiar with that terminology, but it meant he was on his way out. We were just waiting on the doctor. Luckily she was the OB on call and sleeping in the hospital. (Later she said if she hadn't been on site, she wouldn't have made it.) She stepped in the door and they said push. I pushed with just 2 contractions and and we had ourselves a beautiful baby boy. In fact I was a little surprised. You know you push at the peak of each contraction and when they wane you wait for the next. Breathe push 10sec, another breath push 10 sec, another breath push 10sec then wait. Well at the end of the second contraction they all just said keep pushing. I gave one extra small push and that was it. Amazing.

The baby was beautiful: 9lbs 5.5oz, 22 1/2 in. Apgars were 8 and 9. Husband had to sit down for a spell having hyperventilated a bit from the breathing, which I thought was sweet. He did such a fabulous job.

The whole delivery was drug free. I didn't have as much as a tylenol during the delivery or after. My son and my mother-in-law visited us. My older son was really excited to take the baby home. We stayed overnight and went home the next morning.

It's been great so far. My older son has had no adjustment problems. He loves helping with the baby and is really thoughtful. Husband is being a big help. Baby and I were napping this afternoon and I awoke with a smile to sounds of the two other boys doing cannon balls in the pool. Life is too good to describe.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:18 AM

Wow, that's terrific! I'm so glad you're all happy, and it went fine. Awww, I'm getting mine from school in a little while, I'm gonna give all 3 of them an extra hug.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 07:18 AM

Congrats Mermade!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 AM

Congratulations Mer!!!

Very nice trip report. I am glad that thing went so well and that all of your boys are home and recovering nicely. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

btw, what time was the delivery?

oh, and you now have to change your location now too. Maybe Done?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:39 AM

...or due due!

*rim shot*

Congrats, Mer!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 AM

Thanks everyone! Sorry I was editing to put in the final details but baby woke up and wanted to eat and hubby chastised me for sneaking off to post on 2+2. Official delivery time was 6:59 a.m. We got to the hospital around 5:30, so it went very quickly. The total labor from when I woke up to holding my baby in my arms was about 4 1/2 hours.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:50 AM

Very nice Mer. I like the location.