Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: WORLD WAR 3

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking that Russia and Cuba will send in thousands of Paratroopers disguised as commercial flights over the border of Mexico. Of course they nuke most of our ICBM bases in the Dakotas and Montana first. Hopefully a bunch of high school kids and maybe a downed Air Force Colonel will cause all sorts of panic in the Russian/Cuban forces.

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

god I hate Patrick Swayze sooooo much

As far as this thread goes, can someone explain why the US or Russia would have any interest in invading the US?

I'm gonna have to ignore the "no nuclear" stipulation in this thread b/c it's such a [censored] stupid way to omit the single greatest factor in any future World War.

Most likely an outbreak of another WW would happen abroad and almost 100% begin with muslim extremists in Syria/Lebanon/Damascus, etc...getting ahold of a nuke and dropping it on Israel. At this point Iran might do it too but the country won't come out and explicitly say "It was me", rather than a splinter faction of some muslim government who goes AWOL and take matters into their own hands never implicating the actual country who had the hand in it. Regardless can you image WTF would happen if Tel-Aviv got wiped off the map? Forget Jerusalem, Muslims wouldn't bomb the city where the Dome of the Rock sits, but if Tel-Aviv was nuked, Israel would pretty much say "[censored] it" and bomb mostly every rogue-terrorist backing Arab country in close proximity (minus Egypt most likely b.c of their peace accord). US backs Israel thus going to war with the entire Muslim world. US could in essence be systematically destroyed from within by hundreds of terror groups all uniting for their cause even though I could never see such a dimwitted militia put aside minor differences for their own greater good. WWIII will definitely be a HOLY WAR.

It's not even a question of IF, its a question of WHEN.

Expanding on this most likely scenario, it would become a wider war than just Israel/US vs Muslims in Middle East and abroad (domestic too). It becomes an issue of the US being so balls deep into the Middle East that China will invade Taiwan, India/Pakistan will strike each other, civil war will engross the African continent,etc...and with so much global instability, the US will eventually be hit with a terrorist attack so large, it makes 9/11 look like a minor natural disaster. When that does occur, people will lose faith in "The System" and eventually dissolve the constitution which will lead to the downfall of the US govt, infrastructure, etc...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my mind, World War 3 is between super powers and nations with standing armies, not suicide bombers and VBIEDs. In Vietnam, and virtually all the examples you suggested, the U.S. was still concerned with winning hearts and minds. The Vietnam War was a military victory, but a massive political defeat. If you're suggesting that what's going on now in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what happened on 9/11 are examples of how to take down a super power I'd have to say that you are out of your mind. My qualification for this scenario was that we toss all that feel-good [censored] out the window and get down to the business of winning the war. When that happens it's game over, and if we did that in Vietnam that place would have been a crater in SE Asia. Christ look at the major cities all over Europe and Japan after WW2. That's a total-war right there, not this occupation BS we have over in the Middle-East right now.

Considering we were discussing warring superpowers (ie Russia or China) how would you suggest they get us to fight on their own terms?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the OPs post.... it was "what is the most likely total war to come up?" You and others may think it's Russia or China versus US, I don't. I was just giving my 2 cents worth on the question, and wondering why all the responses dealt with conventional warfare.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. Total war isn't Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan. Do you know what Total War is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know what total war is. I have read several of your posts. You are not smart enough to be condescending. Relax man.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt if the world all grouped up together( minus the British since they've always got our backs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) that we could lose a war. Obviously this would be including any and all weapons. Any one want to estimate the worlds ratio vs ours when it comes to nuclear weapons? I have no idea but im sure we are close to THE WHOLE REST OF THE WORLD if not more. We americans our badasses so no one ever [censored] with us.

[/ QUOTE ] The US against the rest of the world? You would have some trouble getting your hands on the oil you'd need to win that war.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL were USA beeotch, it wouldnt be hard at all to get oil. Hell if we really wanted to we could walk right into canada and take there oil, the [censored] those fairies gonna do about it? arnt we already in iraq? the same crap all the anti-american people say about why were in iraq is the same reason we'd last in any war with anyone. iraqs too far from our home country to use that oil? whats anyone gonna do about it? bring there badass navy with their awesome fighterjets and stop us from bringing resources? sure now we say were not in iraq for oil, but come war time you can rest assured were bringing home that oil, its not like abu habib needs it to put in his ford mustang.

anyways i started this thread and the main reason i said ignore nukes is the fact that their overrated. everyone seems to ignore the couter measures that have been produced to protect against them and by that i mean the delivery systems needed to get one to reach america, israel, india, etc.. At all times there are american fleets located at strategic points throughout the world ready to intercept and destroy anything airborne that shouldnt be there. face it, the only way a nuke is detonating is if habib marwan is there to detonate the thing himself. good luck smuggling nukes. nukes are bad for everyone, nobody wants them and the US isnt alone in making sure nothing flies. for whoever said china could cripple our economy, chinas country is already crippled, how are they gonna stop doing business with the country that buys all their bootleg electronics through ebay? china depends on us more than we depend on them. thanks to whoever mentioned TOTAL WAR because it really changes everything. the wars the US fought in the last 50 years were just for kicks, like a union going on strike every few years to show its members there moneys being used on something. US in total war mode wooped hitlers ass and changed the course of history.

no doubt in my mind that biowarfare seems like the way to go if attacking America. internet/ stockmarket war seems less likely.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 AM

I like "bringing home that oil" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Only need to make a hidden uninterruptable pipeline right through the center of the earth. Holla balla ship it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ps I hope you aware that the planet is round, right? Right?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
US could in essence be systematically destroyed from within by hundreds of terror groups all uniting for their cause even though I could never see such a dimwitted militia put aside minor differences for their own greater good. WWIII will definitely be a HOLY WAR.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, if this scenario actually happens, nobody named ahmed will be allowed within a hundred miles of the US border without getting picked up. every muslim in the united states would be detained. remember japanese internment camps? they'd look like a picnic compared to what would happen to arabs in the US in the event of all-out war in the mid east.

the only thing you really have to worry about in this situation would be the russians selling some bio weapons to the iranians or something. but the problem with this is that we all know there are less than a handful of countries on earth that could engineer a bug like that, and none of them are run by muslims.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At all times there are american fleets located at strategic points throughout the world ready to intercept and destroy anything airborne that shouldnt be there.

[/ QUOTE ] You are vastly, vastly overestimating the ability of current technology to shoot down anything smaller or faster-moving than a blimp
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt if the world all grouped up together( minus the British since they've always got our backs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) that we could lose a war. Obviously this would be including any and all weapons. Any one want to estimate the worlds ratio vs ours when it comes to nuclear weapons? I have no idea but im sure we are close to THE WHOLE REST OF THE WORLD if not more. We americans our badasses so no one ever [censored] with us.

[/ QUOTE ] The US against the rest of the world? You would have some trouble getting your hands on the oil you'd need to win that war.

[/ QUOTE ]
for whoever said china could cripple our economy, chinas country is already crippled, how are they gonna stop doing business with the country that buys all their bootleg electronics through ebay? china depends on us more than we depend on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

2006 Exports from US to China: 55.2 Billion
2006 Exports from China to US: 287.8 Billiom

I know all you guys grew up and have been fed and fed by the media since you were wee lads that the US is this all powerful giant that can never be toppled, I encourage you to open your eyes.

The 20th century was dominated by the US.
The 21st century will be dominated by China by a faaaaar great margin than the US did during the previous century.

US = 1980's Mike Tyson, everyone though he was invincible and noone would ever beat him

China = (cant even come up with something so large to compare it to)

Im getting way off point here, but the fact is China could cripple our economy at will. And the US's imports from China are compounding at 20-30% per year. We ALREADY depend on China way more than they depend on us, and the margin is growing every day. China is just getting started, compare it to the US in like 1920.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At all times there are american fleets located at strategic points throughout the world ready to intercept and destroy anything airborne that shouldnt be there.

[/ QUOTE ] You are vastly, vastly overestimating the ability of current technology to shoot down anything smaller or faster-moving than a blimp

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, i wont even bother with this.

[ QUOTE ]

I know all you guys grew up and have been fed and fed by the media since you were wee lads that the US is this all powerful giant that can never be toppled, I encourage you to open your eyes.

The 21st century will be dominated by China by a faaaaar great margin than the US did during the previous century.

US = 1980's Mike Tyson, everyone though he was invincible and noone would ever beat him

Im getting way off point here, but the fact is China could cripple our economy at will. And the US's imports from China are compounding at 20-30% per year. We ALREADY depend on China way more than they depend on us, and the margin is growing every day. China is just getting started, compare it to the US in like 1920.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said we didnt import from china, i said CHINA NEEDS US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM. we can get our bootleg digital cameras elsewhere for a bit more, will it hurt our economy? not much, will it destroy chinas economy/ everything? definitely, and their alreasy messed up population will suffer for it. you can argue chinas "strengths" all you want but at the end of the day they cant to let us go as customers, their survival depends on it.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 AM

we are not just getting bootleg electronics from china. a whole lot of consumer goods at every level are made there. a lot of the 'bootleg' stuff doesn't even show up on import/export data because (duh) it's not on any legit market. a lot of US-based corporations that drive our economy have manufacturing operations in china, many of which benefit from sweetheart tax situations in free trade zones.

even bigger than that - china, like some other countries, invests heavily in US currency. the US economy depends on the dollar as a leading currency in the world - if it continues to fall, and china decides to drop all those investments in our currency, it is a big step towards the US losing its status as the world's leader in economic policy. the dollar is already slipping. if it continues to plummet, all those 'bootleg' manufacturing outlets that we 'don't need' in china will be a moot point, because we won't have the purchasing power with our puny dollars to even think about buying those products.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, i wont even bother with this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said we didnt import from china, i said CHINA NEEDS US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM. we can get our bootleg digital cameras elsewhere for a bit more, will it hurt our economy? not much, will it destroy chinas economy/ everything? definitely, and their alreasy messed up population will suffer for it. you can argue chinas "strengths" all you want but at the end of the day they cant to let us go as customers, their survival depends on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 25% of China's exports goto the US. Everyone does business with China. If China stopped ALL trade with the US would it hurt them? Sure. Would it cripple them? Not even close.

China's Imports for 2006 were 791.6 Billion, only 55.2 Billion of that was from the US, less than 7%, barely a tip of their iceberg.

Please go and take any business or economics class so you at least start to get a clue.