Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Thursday (10/25) NCAAF

A game at TCU is not the same as a game at UNM.
I saw parts of the TCU game and the crowd was pretty much what I expected it would be.
The UNM crowd will be larger and more enthusiastic.

TCU is kind of an afterthought sports-wise in that area.
Programs like TCU, Houston and SMU have a tough time drawing in their bigger cities where there is much greater interest in the Cowboys and schools like UT, TAMU and TT for example.

UNM is the big dog in their city and really for their whole state. They drew 42k vs. NMSU earlier this year and I expect a similar turnout for an important conference game against a psuedo-rival tonight unless they are on fall-break or have horrible weather or something else I'm not aware of.

Friend of mine lives in Albuquerque and goes to a few football and hoops games and says the fan-support is really pretty good there. This is the biggest and most popular sports 'franchise' they have.

I really doubt many people who want to attend will stay away just to watch the BC/VT game and probably not the world series.
That's kind of like asking if all those USC fans will stay home on a Saturday night because there's so many big games including OSU and the World Series on TV. Don't really know why a couple big games on the tube on Thursday night would have a greater effect on keeping fans home than on a Saturday with big games all over the place.