Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: $10 turbo - overpair with JJ and 2 all-ins

it's a TURBO...they don't have to have monsters here...I raise more pre...this is from experience...even if you push pre they will call you with 33-88...I think in these turbos you get value from playing the big pairs hyperaggressive...yes they wil hav QQ+ sometimes but on the whole it will get outweighed by calls by 55 and A 10 off...

As played I suck it up and call...get ready for the next one or have a nice stack vs FD and smaller pair
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I thought for a while and called because with that much money in the pot this has to be +EV in my oppinion.

But since there was some discussion about the PF re-raise .. what should my PF action have been?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 PM

I think this is an easy fold.

edit: ok, so its not that EASY, looked at stack sizes and you're kinda commited and you're getting a nice price. i still think its a fold, but its close.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:14 PM

/Sigh/

Seriously folks, this isn't that difficult of a problem. It isn't about "I think this is a close fold; I think this is a call."

The correct play is obvious and it is determined by MATH. Here is some math:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 44.690% 44.01% 00.68% 3284695448 50859508.17 { JcJs }
Hand 1: 36.895% 36.18% 00.71% 2700474303 53241227.67 { 66+, AQs+, AKo }
Hand 2: 18.415% 18.11% 00.31% 1351332184 23152859.17 { TT, AdKd, AdQd, AdJd, ATs, Ad2d, KdQd, KdJd, KTs, QdJd, QTs, JTs, T8s+, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo, T9o }

I threw most (but certainly not all) of the possible flush draw hands in. I also put a bunch of the Tx hands in for player two. I think we have a very very very clear call. I could have also included underpairs like 88 and 99 for player 2, but w/e. Please call and please do math.

Sherman
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 PM

I see your case for the call, but don't you think that range for caller 2 is a little loose? 10/8 suited? After two preflop raises? A2 suited? I don't play a lot of turbo, but that seems insane to me.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 PM

With best position, You raises 6x BB preflop and got smoooth called by two players. UTG is the chip leader and it looks like it is very early in the tournament. Folding here will ensure that you have a chance to recope the chips later. JJ is one the top starting hands, but you did not hit the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If playing low/mid-level players, A10 suited is a good starting hand that would call a 6x preflop raise and it would put you at a 9-1 underdog. With two callers, one of them is more likely not a donkey or manic so the possibility of one of them not having at least a flush draw is very small. AdKd would only put you at a small favorite.
It is really looking like it is wise to fold here. Your not that far behind the ball in the tournament. No need to risk it all here. Save your money for a more favorable push.
RJ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your case for the call, but don't you think that range for caller 2 is a little loose? 10/8 suited? After two preflop raises? A2 suited? I don't play a lot of turbo, but that seems insane to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is, and T8s is a hand that we are behind! If I take that out of his range we have even more equity. So...I don't understand your point at all.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With best position, You raises 6x BB preflop and got smoooth called by two players. UTG is the chip leader and it looks like it is very early in the tournament. Folding here will ensure that you have a chance to recope the chips later. JJ is one the top starting hands, but you did not hit the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If playing low/mid-level players, A10 suited is a good starting hand that would call a 6x preflop raise and it would put you at a 9-1 underdog. With two callers, one of them is more likely not a donkey or manic so the possibility of one of them not having at least a flush draw is very small. AdKd would only put you at a small favorite.
It is really looking like it is wise to fold here. Your not that far behind the ball in the tournament. No need to risk it all here. Save your money for a more favorable push.
RJ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Wait until you make the nuts and have two people shove into you. Easier money that way.

Sigh...why do I even bother.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 AM

My advice: Please step away from the computer.

I don't donk off your money when I see everyone else doing it..When your beat..your beat.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 AM

I would def call at this point. Come on guys, someone make realistic ranges where we win the pot less than 25% of the time.