Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: $50 QQ with PF action

I think this often is AK too, b'cause I often see people limp/raise AK in this tournament
Old 08-04-2007, 08:51 PM

What you are looking for in this question is a range of hands that villian may have here...This early in the tournament does villian really do this with 66-99? I really dont think so by making this bet he saying that if he feels he is ahead if the flop is good for him he is stacking you on the flop. With to many flops that can be vulnerable with middle pairs this does not seem like a wise play. Now lets try to make a case for TT or JJ. Not really sure why he would limp reraise here but with a raiser and a caller behind him he would not want to see a flop against two opponents so the reraise would be right to try and isolate for one opponent. It is possible he has the other two queens but not likely if he has Kings and Aces this IS a move that is being done early on in a tournament in a hope to build a pot preflop otherwise you can win a very small pot which we would agree is better than losing a big pot many players aviod this view and feel like aces and kings must be played for stacks. Now I think this also a possibility for someone who plays AK or AQ very conservative...Now you say if they play it conservative why the reraise? again the same reason why jacks and Tens would reraise to try and isolate for heads up action. So personally I think it comes down to a judgement call. Are you a player who doesnt mind getting knocked out in the first round for having a 7k plus stack here knowing you can do damage with it or are you a player who would rather not risk you stack when 1/3 your a big favorite 1/3 your a big underdog and 1/3 of time your against AK
Old 08-04-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shove. This is so rarely AA or KK. This is more likely Ax or a hand like TT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, ez shove, even easier rr pf... don't do that again, you are playing with fire inviting that many to see a flop with that hand.

Uberbob... avatar? it was a beauty, I'll miss it

[/ QUOTE ]

I was stupid enough to direct link it from a photobucket album that wasn't fine. Apparently, it was deleted off of that account and now I'm screwed.

I have the GIF, but not in avatar size and I suck when dealing with images. If somebody could shrink it for me, I'll put it back in.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM

I shove. But I also don't limp with QQ there.