Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcon

While it's disconcerting that it took a huge thread at 2+2 to get this done, bravo Ongame for stepping up and doing the right thing.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

[ QUOTE ]
Since he copied some e-mails from FCP support I'm going to make sure that some issues are clear as relates to FCP.

He opened an FCP account after his accounts at other On Game sites had been blocked.

FCP then blocked his account which had no money in it as On Game doesn't want him playing on the Network.

The issues involve his play at the other On Game site and not FCP.

I just want to assure everybody that we'll always treat our players fairly and make sure that the Network does as well in any sort of security situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the FCP Poker Room Manager's response to this thread, just as an aside, since you mentioned them specifically in the title of the thread.

Original Thread that FCP Responded

Glad everything worked out, though.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:46 PM

Hi,

As you have now all hopefully read the response from the Ongame Network, I hope you can all now see that making assumptions based on a few scattered posts isn't very reliable.

"The way PokerRoom is handling this situation is RIDICULOUS. Regardless of the outcome of this new BS investigation I think a lawsuit is in order..."

Again, we are not nor were we ever directly involved.

"We all have seen documented proof that OnGame skins will scrwe over every player they can, whether it's offering a prize and not delivering it, not processing withdrawals and coming up with a million excuses, or various other scum methods. I think its time these guys are boycotted for good."

The key, false passage here should be obvious to anyone who read the network's response.

"For all I know your team is constructing fake evidence as we speak..."

"If you guys post on other forums (P5s, NWP, etc), you should cross-post a link to this thread with the title "PokerRoom / ongame Network not honoring big cashouts" or something similar..."

Again we are mentioned in a false context where we shouldn't even be mentioned regardless.

Juts because one franchise holder apeears to maybe conduct business in a creative and borderline fashion does not mean that other franchise-holders do the same.

Lastly, a good point:

"...You are affiliated with other operators through the network you share. Their misdeeds obviously affect you in a negative way. You should be able to refuse to share business base with untrustworthy operators."

A valid point we are fully aware and will do our best to sort out. We have no interest in being dragged into messes like this in the future.

We are very glad that forums like 2+2 exists where we as a online gaming provider can communicate directly with you players, and we certainly don't disapprove of the fact that such forums may lead to badwill being spread about us.

Sometimes we do deserve critism and are prepared to face up to it and we work towards contiouously improving our services based upon such critisism.

But we do hope it also works the other way around and that the forum and it members are willing to now look at this objectively and see that we have, throughout this affair, maintained our position and also done our best to help out although we actually have little reason to do so as the player in question (whom we are very relieved to find out is now getting his funds) was not a PokerRoom.com customer at the time.

Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to PM this account.

Have a nice night,

External Forum Support
PokerRoom.com
-----------------------
Meet Them and Beat Them
Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 PM

To add a slight tangent to this thread, another ongame site, CheckNRaise was referenced earlier a couple of times in a general indictment of the ongame network.

Yes, they failed to provide the WSOP tickets that they promised me and a number of other players (and Poker.com sent us instead, a stand alone site not affiliated with ongame).

However, CnR did promise to pay us the value of our tickets with monthly installments. I've been paid on time every month so far and I've played a bit on CnR as well.

Take that info as you will and thus ends my hijack.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Euphemisim ? \"conduct business in a creative and borderline fashion\"

I think this is the most stretched euphemism i have seen yet from a gaming company:

"conduct business in a creative and borderline fashion"

(I am not passing any judgement on the substantive matter, from a post earlier it appears that pokerroom has acted to prompt a review/investigation of the actions of another software licensee, on behalf of the OP .... I just loved the "marketing speak" in the above post.)
Old 09-15-2006, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Euphemisim ? \"conduct business in a creative and borderline fashio

So basically Ongame skin OP played in / Futurebet tried to screw OP:s money by saying that Network had frozen OP:s funds because of investigation, even though money was released in August 6th?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing on pokespoker.com for some time now that they have offered a strong rake back deal. When my account was blocked i instantly emailed the OWNER of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your money was successfully transferred from our systems to FutureBet on August 6. At the highest levels, management from our two companies are discussing why you are only getting paid on September 13 after making this issue public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom, FCP, BetOnBet, Pokespoker, FutureBet ....my head hurts. Which sites didn't give him his money?
Old 09-15-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Euphemisim ? \"conduct business in a creative and borderline fashio

[ QUOTE ]
So basically Ongame skin OP played in / Futurebet tried to screw OP:s money by saying that Network had frozen OP:s funds because of investigation, even though money was released in August 6th?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. FutureBet are the problem. There was a long thread in the Zoo (started by goodguy if IIRC) stating that it took FutureBet over a month to pay out his withdrawl.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing on pokespoker.com for some time now that they have offered a strong rake back deal. When my account was blocked i instantly emailed the OWNER of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your money was successfully transferred from our systems to FutureBet on August 6. At the highest levels, management from our two companies are discussing why you are only getting paid on September 13 after making this issue public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom, FCP, BetOnBet, Pokespoker, FutureBet ....my head hurts. Which sites didn't give him his money?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokesPoker's cashier system is powered by FutureBet, it seems it is they who are the problem.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:46 PM

Futurebet is the cashout system for I believe 40+ Ongame network skins. Yes there are really that many. Individual skins do not handle any of the money, futurebet does. They are the problem. Thats why PR.com, Hollywood, and a few othersites that do their own cashouts may have problems with individual players, but never a lot of them at once.

If as many HSNL players play on pokes as I think, the network should be working thir ass off to make good. We pay a ton of rake, and I doubt the network would want to lose a lot of regular customers.

However the games would be extremely good if we all left [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

durrr brought up a good point- people(myself included) take risks because we feel playing on certain sites is more +ev for us. risk vs. reward.