Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 AM

Default pocket 10s vs LAG

UTG is 56/36/10 ! - Not really a maniac - but very tough to play against !

It seems like the more TPTK and overpair hands I bust, the more paranoid I become when I have those type of hands ! What line of thinking do I need for this hand ? I have to admit I have absolutely no clue what he has, but given his stats I feel I'm ahead of his range - I mean he raises twice as many hands as I even play !

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $80.30
UTG: $144.75
MP: $36.20
CO: $30
BTN: $48.75
Hero (SB): $86.70

CO posts $0.50
Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $3.25, BB calls $3, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($14) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $5.50</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>
Old 11-29-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: pocket 10s vs LAG

i hate the call pf. oop ill just fold to the raise and the reraise unless co and utg are both deep
Old 11-29-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate the call pf. oop ill just fold to the raise and the reraise unless co and utg are both deep

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - I actually thought of that at the time - I'm a bit lost with these mid-range pocket pairs - at what point do they become more valuable than simply flopping sets ? Also I knew UTG would be calling !
Old 11-29-2007, 02:27 AM

I probably fold primarily because your hand has huge rio with the BB still to act. Folding preflop is definitely the best choice. On the flop its a pretty standard fold. Could make an argument for trying to bluff raise or float and try to take it away on the turn. I just try to keep things simple though and fold, find a better spot where you can isolate villain and value bet the [censored] out of him.