Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 07-30-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Emerging troll

This poster, nineinchal, has been trolling numerous forums. According to his notes Lloyd has warned him about one (insulting Raymer). I'm thinking he needs to be warned again or suspended soon to get him in line.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Emerging troll

Yeah, just a little run in with him in WSOP. He was Greg bashing and making fat jokes. Here is his response:

[ QUOTE ]
As world champ of poker, Raymer is part of the public domain. So, that was not exactly a personal attack like attacking someone in the forums.

I can tell you that I met Raymer in Las Vegas and told him that the reason that I took an interest in poker was that I figured that if a fat guy like him won, a fat guy like me can do it too. He proceeded to laugh his ass off, and we had a very nice conversation about poker, obesity, fat jokes (which he loves) and life in general. He also directed me to the two plus two web site and two plus two publishing for which I am forever grateful.

Can I attack Moneymaker instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciated the first part of his message in that it somewhat explained why he was doing what he was doing (regardless of whether or not it was in good taste and appropriate). But the Moneymaker question confirmed that essentially he will be a troll. I explained to him that 2+2 doesn't condone personal attacks on anybody, and that we're particularly sensitive when those attacks are on poker celebrities who we don't want to scare away from 2+2. I got no response.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:48 PM

I appreciate your actions. I just wanted to bring this guy to the attention of the mods as this clown seems to hitting a lot of diff boards. I can only hopes he finds his way into OOT...
Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 AM

This would appear to be someones lame gimmick account... do you think even one of his posts are serious?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM

All,

Bump.

Warned this dude twice in El D forum for posts that were trollish, but not really ban-worthy. I did a quick look at his last 50 or so posts across forums and they all seem to be at pretty much the same level of near-trolling.

Example

Anyway, just an fyi.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:39 PM

This guy has a thread about him in ATF for trolling in Legislation. I'm surprised he isn't gone.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 PM

IP check?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Bump.

Warned this dude twice in El D forum for posts that were trollish, but not really ban-worthy. I did a quick look at his last 50 or so posts across forums and they all seem to be at pretty much the same level of near-trolling.

Example

Anyway, just an fyi.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has been an idiot in B&M, his whole reason to exist seems to be makeing lame jokes. But I haven't seen anything banworthy yet, keeping an eye open now that I know there is some concern.

On a related note RR and I are also watching Splawn Darts, mostly because he makes outrageous claims to incite arguments. He reminds me a lot of a con artist in some of his posts, but once again nothing banworthy yet.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:37 PM

this was his first "quality" post in B&M . Sad.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 PM

I really liked his strip club report (before he edited it). One of the better written posts in a while, actually.

He PMed me about it too. Doesn't seem like a troll really, but maybe he is. I don't care either way, I'm just saying is all.