Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
This may seem really dumb because generally, I am. I have this 'problem' of sorts, where I cannot find a girl to just hook up with on a recurring basis. I always fall into this relationship nonsense. I am in college and this is the perfect age/period of time to have a strictly 'hook up' thing but I have always been in and out of semi serious relationships with feelings and what not. Thoughts on how to break the cycle?

I am not trying to become a PUA or whatever but it just seems silly to get involved with girls on a serious basis when I am at the age where I want to meet a ton of girls and not be concerned with getting caught up in serious feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL maybe your just unlucky and happen to be a good guy.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:32 AM

It's a terribly awkward situation when you suddenly decide you want to date a girl who is a fried of yours. It's similarly bad when you want to get with a friend's sister/cousin/other similarly aged family member.

However, it's absolutely crushing when you have both of these mixed into one. You accept that nothing will ever happen and your feelings will never be known to anyone else, but wish against hope that you could just give it a shot.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This may seem really dumb because generally, I am. I have this 'problem' of sorts, where I cannot find a girl to just hook up with on a recurring basis. I always fall into this relationship nonsense. I am in college and this is the perfect age/period of time to have a strictly 'hook up' thing but I have always been in and out of semi serious relationships with feelings and what not. Thoughts on how to break the cycle?

I am not trying to become a PUA or whatever but it just seems silly to get involved with girls on a serious basis when I am at the age where I want to meet a ton of girls and not be concerned with getting caught up in serious feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL maybe your just unlucky and happen to be a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

shucks.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM

Alrite so I am having a little difficulty deciding how much too spend on my Girlfriends x-mas gifts. She works part time and is a student with heavy debt and is spending probably 250-350 on me.
I feel obligated to spend substantially more seeing as I make maybe 15-20x more then her. So my question Is how much more to both make it an equal gesture on my part without going overboard (ie 20 x 350).
Old 11-24-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alrite so I am having a little difficulty deciding how much too spend on my Girlfriends x-mas gifts. She works part time and is a student with heavy debt and is spending probably 250-350 on me.
I feel obligated to spend substantially more seeing as I make maybe 15-20x more then her. So my question Is how much more to both make it an equal gesture on my part without going overboard (ie 20 x 350).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to say it is not what you spend as much as it is about getting the gift she really wants, but there is some truth that if your gf spends 250 on you and you make more you should spend more. However I don't think it has to be exactly what you make more than her like a math equation lol. #1 make sure it is what she wanted or what she really really wants and then it won't matter as much what it exactly costs. I would say if you make a LOT more than her you should buy he something at least 4 to 5 times more so 1250+ and that should be good enough... then just consider what would make her happiest. If she likes jewelry that will be easy to spend. A really good gift would be a trip for the two of you to go on and it is like a gift for yourself too lol.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:35 PM

i realize a lot of stuff on this thread looks pretty silly to a lot of people, but as someone who reads most of these types of threads as a lurker, i can honestly say some of this stuff has actually helped make my life better, so thanks to everyone who posts honest responses to these types of things.

anyway, here's my situation, its nothing really complex. there was a girl i had a monster crush on who i used to work with, but i was too lame/shy to make a move and nothing ever happened during the 3+ years i worked there and that was that. i had not seen this girl in 4 years but ran into her on thanksgiving eve, and im a bit cooler and know better how to talk with girls now, i ended up talking to her for about 3-4 hours and got her number at the end of the night (after she pretty much ignored a request to have a drink back at my place).

my plan from here was to make a monday call after im done with work and try and set up a wednesday/thursday dinner+drinks at a casual irish restaurant with live music. im totally stuck into something this weekend, so i cant really aim for that, and i know waiting till after the weekend is too long. is a monday call for a wed/thur thing pretty standard here? fwiw im 25 and she is 26.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:38 AM

wait you got her # wednesday night, haven't done anything until today (saturday), and are wondering if you should call her monday? Girls give you their # for a reason, so you can use it. At the very least text her like yesterday. And lol @ you trying to bang her after 3-4 hours of talking and no kissing. Most girls need at least 7 hours to get comfortable with a guy before sex. And FFS, kiss the girl when you leave her, its not hard: eye contact, "I had a really great time seeing you, we should do it again", step in, light kiss on the mouth. If she "rejects" you it wasn't going to happen anyways.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 AM

GF Gift: Depends on girl. Some girls will freak out if you outspend them by too much. If that is the case then I'd say $500-750 is good. If she is comfortable with her income and not going to freak out if you over spend then buy her whatever you think will make her happy.

I'm generally in the same situation but I haven't had time to think about x-mas yet. I do expect the ration to be about 20 times what she spends so your initial estimate was about right.

--------

Call her. You can use the excuse that it was the holidays for the delay.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most girls need at least 7 hours to get comfortable with a guy before sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was 6.5?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:48 PM

re: girl. call her monday or tuesday. it's been like what, 4 days? you have no obligation to her, anyway. the longer you wait the better it will be for you.

tc