Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Future of the MMB forum discussion

Evan, I just wanted to say your efforts and initiative are appreciated.

Somewhere around the time of the group forum project, this forum turned a bit spammy. People started to post vague brags and baiting others to PM them to get some ebook, etc, (to sell referrals) instead of doing case studies of their work and actively selling elsewhere. Whether something is spammy or not is subjective, but I trust your judgement. When people come here and see a bunch of 'ideas' on how to drive a bit of traffic to some site to make $1-$5/day they are turned off from posting their thoughs, ideas, and business plans for real businesses - whether they be internet-based or B&M.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Hey, I don't have much time to post but I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this stuff. I've been really busy but I will be back posting in here shortly.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Merging seems to be a drastic course of action that doesn't necessarily add value to the contributors of this forum. Personally I see myself taking an interest in at most 30% of the threads in here but less than 5% of the threads in Finance. Due to the higher volume in Finance forum there'll be even more of a chance to miss out on discussions that would pique my curiosity.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to see the direction of this forum shift to more interesting and valuable topics. This is the primary reason I wanted to moderate the forum. I'm interested, both personally and professionally, in the topics at hand but I don't think they're getting the sort of discussion they ought to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the way I'd like to see discussion steered towards as well. Harnessing strengths and experiences from a diverse group of posters that are willing to contribute and learn from each other. Covering all avenues of entrepreneurship and management.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:59 AM

"we are planning to merge this forum with the Finance and Investing forum"

Does this have anything to do with your own desires to moderate a forum dedicated to something you have a clue about?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:07 PM

No, but keep the questions coming.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 AM

i'm gonna be really really sad if this forum gets moved into finance forum...i think this is a great resource and place to go to see only mmb discussions; filtering through the finance forum will mean less time spent doing that and further reduce the importance of these threads

it's a newer forum, and one about making money, so of course it's gonna take time for it to mature and grow into what we want it to be...but taking it away will just harm the community imo

i really hope the decision is made to keep this as its own forum, at least for now; i'm leaving the country for a few weeks, but when i get back, i'll be doing a lot more with this stuff and will post as much as possible to try to help the forum out
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm gonna be really really sad if this forum gets moved into finance forum...i think this is a great resource and place to go to see only mmb discussions; filtering through the finance forum will mean less time spent doing that and further reduce the importance of these threads

it's a newer forum, and one about making money, so of course it's gonna take time for it to mature and grow into what we want it to be...but taking it away will just harm the community imo

i really hope the decision is made to keep this as its own forum, at least for now; i'm leaving the country for a few weeks, but when i get back, i'll be doing a lot more with this stuff and will post as much as possible to try to help the forum out

[/ QUOTE ]