Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Firepay/Neteller/Stars Decision Impact

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Technically, banks wouldnt be in violation of the law, as Neteller is not a gambling site, but some feel banks will not take the chance and just block transfers to/from neteller anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Banks are going to have to follow whatever procedures are set forth in the regulations to be promulgated by the Treasury and the Federal Reserve. I personally doubt those regulations will block intermediaries like Neteller, but I have absolutely no way of knowing until a draft of the regulations are published.

I strongly doubt that banks will start blocking financial intermediaries on their own when not required to do so by the forthcoming regulations. That would just piss off their customers for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention how pissed off all of american banks are as it is with having to police transactions...i agree no one is going to do anything before they have to
Old 10-10-2006, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right, unfortunately i dont have a neteller account at the moment because i live in maryland. i can set up a neteller account with a DC address probably but thatll take time, time that i/we may not have

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you should be able to use one of the other cash out methods, even a snail mail check if you have to.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have always considered Stars to be the most reputable and professional of all the sites. I am thinking of transferred my money there and waiting. Their checks have always come right away and they have 100% of our deposits in a seperate account. They will not go out of business. They will just be a smaller business.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to cash out X amount via firepay, because that was my method of deposit....im not worried about stars not allowing my money out, im worried about firepay, and therefore i beg the question, should i cash out now? if stars does block off US residents, i would be screwed...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am moving my money from FirePay to the Poker sites(UB,PS,AP and FT) waiting until Thu. to hopefully get some reload bonuses...I feel safer with my money at the sites..If in the "near" future it becomes "difficult" to get money to a site I have enough on the sites to play..You can always withdraw via check at all the above mentioned sites...In the past I have always received checks via snail mail very timely...
Old 10-10-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seeing as how i used firepay to deposit on stars and therefore will use it to cash out, should i be cashing out ASAP? or can i wait/play on stars for the time being? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago I asked Stars support if I could have money that was sent in via Firepay cashed out to Neteller, to avoid the Firepay fees. They told me this was possible but I had to ask for my Firepay account to be blocked. I did this and the system then allowed me to cash out via Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, unfortunately i dont have a neteller account at the moment because i live in maryland. i can set up a neteller account with a DC address probably but thatll take time, time that i/we may not have

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you talk to PS and ask them what your options are if you cannot cashout via Firepay. If they give you no options, then cash out as soon as deem appropriate.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:28 PM

Neteller staying in US is huge for me now as I make all my banking thru them. If Firepay and Neteller goes, not sure how many other big Net banks will stay in US. Unless you really are into gambling, Western Union and alike is not very attractive option.

I do hope they stay but it seems to me Neteller is more likely for prosecution than poker sites as they do direct banking w/ US banks and that's what the new law is about.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 PM

does this mean money is safe in firepay or should we withdraw?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 PM

ZBTHorton,

Could you ask your sources at Neteller, why they knuckle under to state law from Maryland but when confronted with legislation from the United States Federal Goverment, they plan on doing business as usual.

A few more questions...

Is there something in the wording of the UIGEA that Neteller sees as a huge loophole that will allow them to accept transactions with US customers? Something that every other publicly traded company doesn't see?

Is the Maryland law written so well that any legal fight with the state would be futile?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 PM

Uh, firepay is out. check your email
Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
May I ask how you know/what are your sources of information? Sorry if this is a flame, but to just post "Neteller is there to stay" (which I highly doubt you know for sure) without sources/reasons for this belief is not useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please check my other threads. I have sources within FTP as well as Stars. I've posted several times on information they have given me that has proven to be 100% correct and legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

please dont take offense to this comment, but if you have sources inside Stars, can you tell us which way they are leaning?

sorry if this has already been asked here, as i am still getting used to the "quoting" feature here and did not read the rest of the thread...yet.

oops, i just got my answer...thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZBTHorton,

Could you ask your sources at Neteller, why they knuckle under to state law from Maryland but when confronted with legislation from the United States Federal Goverment, they plan on doing business as usual.

A few more questions...

Is there something in the wording of the UIGEA that Neteller sees as a huge loophole that will allow them to accept transactions with US customers? Something that every other publicly traded company doesn't see?

Is the Maryland law written so well that any legal fight with the state would be futile?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anyone at Neteller, and do not have an answer to your question.

Although, I could be totally wrong, but I believe the law in Maryland specifically makes online poker illegal for the player.

The US Law that passed does not.