Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 05-20-2006, 03:38 PM

Default JJ, bad flop

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Buzz is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Buzz raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Buzz caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Buzz checks, Button checks.

Turn: (6.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Buzz checks, Button checks.

River: (6.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Buzz checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Buzz calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

BB is Lagy. Kinda straight forward. Button is lagy but tricky. Limps a lot more pf (VPIP like 60ish) and will make a few strange plays.

Does anyone bet the turn? Bet/fold? I felt like i couldn't.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: JJ, bad flop

I would bet out on the flop. By checking, you have already given up on the hand, allowing hands like TT, 99, 88, 77 to take a shot at taking it down. If button is tricky, he may try to raise to push you off your better hand, but it's not very likely with this flop. Also, button doesn't have to have AA/KK/QQ/AK to 3-bet on the button (this is also 5-handed it looks like). I think checking the flop just puts you in guessing mode for the rest of the hand.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:25 PM

What about the flop? I bet the flop and if one of them folds I probably bet the turn as well. River depends on who is left.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:34 PM

I'm betting the flop, and not putting any more money into the pot UI. Especially after the turn card hits. Just not seeing what you're beating here unless button is a complete tool.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:14 PM

I guess I like a flop bet here. Makes the rest of the hand a lot easier to play.

As i played it I think the river was easy because he is betting anything that beats me on the turn.