Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 PM

Default $6.50 - Bigstack ITM w/ bottom pair.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button (t3815)
SB (t3160)
Hero (t6525)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t1300) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero??
Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: $6.50 - Bigstack ITM w/ bottom pair.

Hero leads 900 and shuts down afterwards.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:12 AM

I agree, you need to lead this flop. Your hand is likely good, but there are very few cards you want to see on a turn here.

But, I would bet more like 750. It's a very dry board, so you really don't need to bet much more than 1/2 pot IMO. You're not looking to fold a better hand, just protect the one you have now.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 AM

Yeah I'd go for less than 900 but a bet is good here. Would it be wrong to just bet 600 here? I doubt with their stacks they are going to bluff here often, and when they have the K you save some chips.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'd go for less than 900 but a bet is good here. Would it be wrong to just bet 600 here? I doubt with their stacks they are going to bluff here often, and when they have the K you save some chips.

[/ QUOTE ]I think differing too much from your cbet for any reason, even one like a dry board, because against weaker opponents they may see this as weakness, which is fine if you want to look weak, but when you are, you want to look slightly stronger.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think differing too much from your cbet for any reason, even one like a dry board, because against weaker opponents they may see this as weakness, which is fine if you want to look weak, but when you are, you want to look slightly stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not bettign 750 here because I have a weak hand and I want to save chips. I'm betting 750 here because it is what I would bet on a dry flop like this 100% of the time that I bet.

It sounds like you are saying that you c-bet the same amount everytime, regardless of the board?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Lead and then shut down is fine.
But the button limps seems fishy. Could be a pp.
Check fold and then shove at every possible opportunity thereafter is another good line.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet 600 I'm raising to represent a K.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not bettign 750 here because I have a weak hand and I want to save chips. I'm betting 750 here because it is what I would bet on a dry flop like this 100% of the time that I bet.

It sounds like you are saying that you c-bet the same amount everytime, regardless of the board?

[/ QUOTE ]My cbets are usually my standard bet after a flop. If I hit a flop, I bet. I bet every flop I cbet as if I hit it because thats what im trying to show. I dont bet say, 100 every time. I bet based on the pot like I normally would.

How many people playing a $5 SnG are going to realize you're betting differently based on board texture, instead of just noticing you bet smaller than you normally do, say, 2/3 pot?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:38 AM

True.. dont minbet here.