Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 07-22-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Adanthar\'s Robotic 10+1 Strategy Guide v. 1 (early beta)

I think your underestimating the skill level of the 10+1 players, if this system beats the rake I would be very surprised.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good guide, but i think open pushing is terrible early on. Getting big hands paid off in a sng is essential.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree I think open pushing will get played off plenty for this to work, plus its for newbies that wont play their hand well post flop so they wont have to deal w/ raising kk or qq utg and getting 4 calllers
Old 07-22-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-22-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

However this:

[ QUOTE ]
Special: If you are the BB and are getting over 2:1 to call an all in, call with any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think needs to have a qualifier for what it is gonna do to your stack if you lose. I do this always if it is 1/3rd of my stack or less to call. To have people doing this for 75% of their chips I dunno if thats good. Maybe up to 1/2 their stack...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. For 75% of your stack, you have to do it. For less than 20% of your stack, you have to do it. In the middle is where it gets dicey. As a general rule, "just do it" is fine.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm weeping with joy right now.

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

...because your name can now be unhooked from the content of that post benfranklin made a while ago I assume. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-22-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good guide, but i think open pushing is terrible early on. Getting big hands paid off in a sng is essential.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, the open pushing prevents any dangerous post flop situations, and you'll often be called by substandard hands that will double you up, allowing you to cruise to the bubble where your aggression should take over.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:22 AM

I would have to evaluate a lot of game factors to make the call in your scenario. It's not always a call and it's not always a fold. You're right. I might have been extreme in the numbers I used, but I think there is an important point your suggestions misses. There are some situations where it is appropriate to call an all-in because it represents a small fraction of your stack, you expect the pusher has a nearly random hand, and you are getting good pot odds. There are also situations in which it is appropriate to call all-in on the BB because you are so short stacked that folding almost never allows you to move up a place. I concede 2:1 is probably not good enough, but I hope it makes sense that I'm suggesting a higher-end cutoff for the stack percentage where you can fold to an all-in on the BB. A better suggestion might be call getting 2:1 for less than 25% of your stack, or greater than 3:1 for more than 75% of your stack.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:26 AM

Nice. As you noted, the bubble section needs some work. Anyone following this will miss a lot of pushes, especially from the SB.

For example, suppose it's folded to you in the SB on the bubble with a stack of a little over 1200 at 150/300 blinds. BB has about 1500. That's 2 points for SB + 2 points for bigger stack behind + 4 points for stack size. So you have a total of 8 and push 55-44, any ace, KT/K9s, QT/Q9s, JTs. In reality, you probably need to push any two there.

Position is more of a multiplicative effect than an additive one. I haven't thought this through completely, but what about something like multiplying stack size in BB times 0 for SB, 1 for button, 2 for UTG, then add your other factors?
Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 AM

i'm gonna sticky this one for 24-48 hours. seems like a good idea.

citanul