Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-25-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Looking for poker pals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I'm looking for poker pals to discuss hands and study, I play full ring on PokerStars, currently I'm playing 0.25/0.50, but played regularly 0.50/1 and for a couple of months 1/2 before going broke playing as a moron.
Regards ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man Seeking Man

Pokerstars Player, 18, average build, GSOH. Likes low-stakes full-ring, foreign films, and long walks on beach.

Seeks like-minded guy, 18-24, for fun times, late night poker talk, and sharing of Poker Tracker stats. Maybe more. Must be non-smoker and have own car. No short-stackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+
Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone mentioned above that there are regular session reviews. Is there somewhere I can get my name down for one of these?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really looking for poker pals (lol) but I'd also love to know what these session reviews are. And I'm confused by the monthly chat thread - what exactly is it?

I've read the Master Sticky/FAQs but still totally confused. As always...
Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 AM

Adrian,

Mike Kelley does "Session Reviews" generally on a weekly basis. He's been a bit busy with the holidays and whatnot but keep an eye out for his thread. CMAR (Cry Me A River) generally stickies it so you won't be able to miss it if you are checking the forum. In these Mike matches you up with someone else who is interested and you swap like 100 hands or so.

I think some of the guys are enjoying a good laugh, but their advice is really on target. I play lower stakes than you, but by actively contributing to the forum I have built up a really helpful and encouraging "support network." The same can probably be said for many of the posters in the forum. Once you've been around for awhile you'll determine who the like-minded players are and you can/will correspond with them via outside vehicles (like AIM). Regardless, there is still plenty to be learned by remaining an active participant within the forum and by continuing to read and study as you go.

GL...

LC
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 AM

SM, that's just wrong....hysterical though!!

Adrian, I think LearnincCurve is spot-on with her post and would also recommend posting more HH's and doing some session reviews. I've also found the more I comment on other hands, the more those people will comment on mine. If people are playing the same stakes/game type as you are, maybe you start talking strategy, exchange AIM info, and then it's off to dinner and dancing! (Okay, maybe not the last part)
Old 11-25-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adrian,

Mike Kelley does "Session Reviews" generally on a weekly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you please explain how these session reviews work?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Basically you take 100-200 hands from a recent session and send it to the person you are paired up with. I think Mike does it as best he can by limit so a 10NL player doesn't have to work with a 100-200NL player. You then look through each other's hand histories and comment on certain hands and the play in general. It can be helpful for finding certain spots where you can take blinds or things in your game that you don't do, that is hard for you to pick up on and easier for someone else to notice. They should be coming up soon as we took the week off for thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Sounds awesome. I'm there...

(but omg, I'm a nerd)