Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: 267 on the button...

The true frustrating part about duece is that you can employ any change of strategy and really not know how it changes your EV for a really long time due to the variance of the game. You could win 500 bets easily in a short period of time doing something that's -EV.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The true frustrating part about poker is that you can employ any change of strategy and really not know how it changes your EV for a really long time due to the variance of the game. You could win 500 bets easily in a short period of time doing something that's -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely not something that only happens in triple draw.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The true frustrating part about poker is that you can employ any change of strategy and really not know how it changes your EV for a really long time due to the variance of the game. You could win 500 bets easily in a short period of time doing something that's -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely not something that only happens in triple draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not, but I think it's alot easier to not recongize a leak in duece than it is other games.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question to those who 3 bet on the button here 100% of the time. How do you play 238-258. Muck it, 3 bet it? <font color="red">Because if you're always 3 betting 237 and always calling 238, doesn't that become really exploitable? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
i have more of a hit-n-run philosophy for 2-7... if you're at a table long enough to be exploited by this, you may have been at that particular table too long
Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In theory it almost makes more sense to 3 bet your weaker 3 card hands like 238 trying to force HU action and just call with 234 type hands.. I've always felt this way but never practiced it because theres enough added variance the way i play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you've spoiled the strategy, I guess I don't mind saying that I do this. (Not always, obv.)
Old 10-17-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question to those who 3 bet on the button here 100% of the time. How do you play 238-258. Muck it, 3 bet it? <font color="red">Because if you're always 3 betting 237 and always calling 238, doesn't that become really exploitable? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda hard for the 30/60'ers since you play the same people day in and day out.
i have more of a hit-n-run philosophy for 2-7... if you're at a table long enough to be exploited by this, you may have been at that particular table too long

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just about always call here, no huge benefits to 3 betting but thats not terrible either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 100% in your camp now. I used to be in the 3-bet of fold camp, I now see that is not optimal - calling is. The buttom is so valuable that I dont mind letting in other players, especially since in 2-7 nobody folds pre-1st draw in they have a playable hand.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just about always call here, no huge benefits to 3 betting but thats not terrible either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 100% in your camp now. I used to be in the 3-bet of fold camp, I now see that is not optimal - calling is. The buttom is so valuable that I dont mind letting in other players, especially since in 2-7 nobody folds pre-1st draw in they have a playable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same. SSII recommends 3-betting to try for HU action with position, but I disagree. The only place I like to cold call from is the button, and I'll do it with any 2 card 7 draw with a deuce or any 2 card draw to a #5 with a 2 or 3. I don't mind playing the multi way pot with position.

Would like to know what people's Stars screen names are. Mine is obvious.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 AM

+1 TT.
my reason is that i usually play .50/1.00, and i'd probably
STILL end up seeing 1st draw multiway, 2 bets or me bumping to 3 bets. 2567x or better, another story.

Ezgo, mine'll be obvious too--same as handle here.

reason u guys ain't seen me much lately:
about 3-4 weeks ago i won a 500 fpp satellite to the sunday million...did the wise thing and cashed to tourney$.
been doing exclusively mtt's and sng's ever since... but it's built up my roll nicely.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, same here I used to play like in draw high : 3bet or fold, but there actually are a lot of spots where a flat call is much better.

Also its not really true that a raise wont make the blinds fold some weak 2 cards draw like 347 or 368 which they would have played for one bet.