Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Default AA vs tight guy

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $1,221.20
BB: $617.35
UTG: $160.20
MP: $576.00
CO: $600.00
BTN: $462.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO checks, BTN calls $6.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $36.00</font>, BB calls $30.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($84) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $65.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $130.00</font>, Hero calls $65.00

Turn: ($344) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($344) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $215.00</font>,

if villain raised i was planning on folding, i swear. he is like 18/8 in 200 hands.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: AA vs tight guy

villians agg factor?
i think villian has something like ak, as a set wouldnt check the turn behind like that.
i bet 275 instead.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:24 AM

shove flop
Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 AM

shove flop is bad
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM

why is everybody responding to every thread with shove flop? In this case that seems bad to me.

I think that this line gets the most out of KQ,KJ...most people would've raised those out of the button though.

A standard range for him at this point would be a lot of air (air thats not likely to have picked up anything warranting sd value), some straight draws that didn't get there, and some weak kings.

If we knew he had air I like a weak lead or check.

if we knew he had a straight draw (likely with a pair of 9s now). I like a bet large enough to make him realize his hand isn't good but small enough to make him think he can bluff us.

If we knew he had a weak king I like a large bet. This way he will think he is ahead of our bluffs and behind our big hands and opt to call instead of shoving (where our big hands call and bluffs fold).

So I don't know, you're best guess as to what kind of range he has and what kinds of moves he is capable of. Against a kind of weak tighty I'd probably bet like half pot and fold to a raise.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Was your plan to c/c turn c/f river if he bet turn and river. As played if he is supertight then I like your river line assuming you're b/f'ing this river.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:41 AM

I think you should nearly always be good here. if hes that tight then he doesnt have 87, K7, or K8. His flop minraise can be AK, or maybe a dumb QQ/JJ minraising for cheap showdown if he's bad. if he had a set he would bet the turn, esp with the strait draw. so i think you will see AK, QQ, JJ most often here.

if he raises it would be tough, but if hes that bad you can put him on KKK and fold.

were you planning to CF turn?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:23 AM

plan for turn was prob: i don't fold overpairs to minraises but don't want to inflate pot.

this line looks fine. b/f on the riv looks good too
Old 09-14-2007, 11:46 AM

This line to me is good. As for the shove flop responses to every thread, this is admittedly starting to get a little ridiculous. Poker exists beyond moving all in like you see on TV, guys.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was your plan to c/c turn c/f river if he bet turn and river. As played if he is supertight then I like your river line assuming you're b/f'ing this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

we were getting pretty shallow by the turn so my plan was to c/c a small bet (consistent with Kx that would check behind river) but c/f to a bigger one.