Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Winstar/Oaklahoma games

For those in TX/OK...went to Winstar couple weeks back, new room is awesome, but all they were spreading is Hold Em games. Heard they were spreading some Omaha...any word on when those games actually make?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Winstar/Oaklahoma games

they had one table of 4/8 Limit 8OB and one table of 5/10 PLO the last time I went up there (a Thursday afternoon/night).

the tables were broken before 11PM, though.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Friday evening is your best bet, maybe Saturday evening also. Other games really don't run that often due to a lack of interest. The interest lists rarely have more than 4 or 5 for any thing other than Holdem and when they finally do get enough for a table and start calling names few people actually want the seat, thus they can't start a table.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 PM

How sad. When they promised more games, I was hoping to play something besides the boring old 2-card hand at Winstar. Ah well, guess I need to get away from Texas.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 AM

*shrug* I keep trying to put together a regular Omaha game, but it seems to not happen.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM

is the 5/10nl holdem game still pretty regular down there? its hard to find a regular 5/10 or above game in the midwest... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM

i've been there when they had enough players on the list to call an omaha game, but they didn't. i'm nearly positive it's because it would break one of the 5/10 NLHE games they had running, which was iirc one of the must move tables, so they probably didn't call the game because they thought it would hurt their bottom line. pissed me off. PLO is much more interesting than NLHE, and i'd love to play it with those local nits up there....seriously, i've never seen so many people limp AK and literally only re-raise with AA and KK. really [censored] with your game, and with my luck i've always got the only two LAGS in the game on my immediate left. bleh.

good for me i dont have to drive up there anymore to grind a 5/10 NLHE game, that was starting to suck.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*shrug* I keep trying to put together a regular Omaha game, but it seems to not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

hime, I'm headed up there Friday night with 3 friends and we are getting a hotel room for the weekend. I'll be on the omahahahah list.

Tim L
Old 07-18-2007, 11:15 AM

Sirtimo: My cash game is on Friday nights and seems to be making lately, so it's unlikely that I'll be in Thackerville.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 PM

I've been there when they had 8 players on their PLO list, and they've never called it. I'm going to speculate that one of their problems is that < 10% of their dealers could handle an omaha game. Although I've never been called for PLO, I have played O8 and it wasn't pretty. Incoming dealers would ask what the game was, wince, and say something like, "Four cards, right?" (There were a couple of notable exceptions who could really deal the game, however.)

Also, I've heard that a 10-20 PLO went a couple of weeks ago. It might have frightened some people.