Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Strange hand for me. Preflop? River? Rest is standard? Or not?

Well maybe interesting maybe not but it was interesting for me and the forum is pretty slow so I am going to post it.

First hand at the table I posted behind. Got interesting real fast.

I had some stats on three players from previous sessions but none of them figured prominently in the hand. All three looked tight but a little weak tight from ststs. No clue about villain.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Righteous preflop call at 15:1 or spewy?

Hit the flop with no kicker so I bet out hoping to buy some fold equity in this pot. Would a check raise have been better with no kicker? If so would it be a lot better?
Flop: (16.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Well the turn is not for the faint of heart but we are in position and see no aggression, we've come this far so let's make a pass at this big pot.
Turn: (9.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Ugly river card too.
River: (11.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero ????

I don't think I can move him off a hand that beats me, he is probably behind but is he behind 55% with 2 overcards on the board? He may have been playing a drawing hand since he didn't bet. But he may also kave hit top straight and looking to c/r.or he may have hit the queen but fears the A. Is check through OK? Or is this a value bet? I would hate a check raise here.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Strange hand for me. Preflop? River? Rest is standard? Or not?

fold pf
Old 06-16-2007, 08:52 PM

check river
Old 06-16-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hit the flop with no kicker so I bet out hoping to buy some fold equity in this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bona, you really need to stop:

-being so weak-tight
-assuming other people are as weak-tight as you

You do not have fold equity in a 15 bet pot, seriously

Rest looks ok, I would probably have folded pf in the moment but getting 15/1 with such good position it's probably wrong. Check behind river, lose to JT, nh
Old 06-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Check behind.
Preflop is no big deal, closing the action in a huge pot. And you can c/r the field when you hit your huge hand.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bona, you really need to stop:

-being so weak-tight

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I do.

[ QUOTE ]
-assuming other people are as weak-tight as you

[/ QUOTE ]
Not guilty your honor.

[ QUOTE ]
You do not have fold equity in a 15 bet pot, seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Maybe I am misusing the term or misundertanding the concept? I assumed that anyone who folded to the bet, and therefore left their money in the pot, increased my equity in $ by reason of their fold.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? Maybe I am misusing the term or misundertanding the concept? I assumed that anyone who folded to the bet, and therefore left their money in the pot, increased my equity in $ by reason of their fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is, laying 17½-1 to the field, nobody's folding anything decent. Yeah, you got five people to fold, but they probably had 22 or 97[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something else drawing thin or dead.

That said, it worked out well for you. But the turn did not; you have a free card, so take it.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:21 AM

LOL. I like the PF call. But its very, very marginal. You get great odds, but you must be aware that almost your only chances to win this kind of hands are to flop trips.
Actually, I would rather fold, because J5o is still too weak for a limit hand.