Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Michael Clayton

Another vote for "fantastic" I actually want to see it again so I can get another "feel" for the movie. Reminded me somewhat of "American Beauty" for some reason. Different styles obviously, but both have so many different layers to them. The movie was a bit slow in the middle, but the first and last half an hour were fantastic.

Kind of sentimental, but I like how he "found" his family at the end (his two brothers).
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM

Rick, I agree with Andy's explanation. He just needs a bit of time. He already had his plan in mind, Clayton is no fool.

Damn, I need to see this again!!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 PM

Saw it a while ago in the theater and I've watched it twice now on my laptop since then. Great movie.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:20 AM

Saw it today; First-rate movie with first-rate performaces. General comment - Funny how easy it is to compromise your life away until there is nothing left but a hollow and vain existence.

This is definitaly a movie that sticks with you long after you leave the theater - the true measure of a worthwhile film.

-Zeno
Old 10-29-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick, I agree with Andy's explanation. He just needs a bit of time. He already had his plan in mind, Clayton is no fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, OK. I was being a nit.

Great movie; see it alone in a near empty theater like I did with nobody (like me) to ruin it for you by describing possible plot holes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 AM

I loved the bag with 20+ french baguettes. That was a great touch there. You have to have seen a person in the midst of a manic episode to truly appreciate that. And the fridge with only champagne, a dozen jellos, and Betty Crocker was a nice touch as well.

The conversation about the "other option" was also very well done.

I give this movie an 8.5/10, and I am tough to please. The best movie I have seen so far this year.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Loved it but one thing I think they got wrong is described below in white:

<font color="white">After they loop back to the scene where Clooney's car gets bombed he rushes back down to the car and throws his cell, ring and watch into the flaming wreckage. This supposedly is proof he died in the crash. Wouldn't there at least be bones left?</font>

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the movie and agree with everyone that it was brilliant. This one part did bother me quite a bit, though.

Two things would have been immediately apparent to the CSIs at the scene: 1., the car wasn't moving when it exploded, and 2., there are no human remains in the car.

So there wouldn't have been any official report that Clayton was killed in a car bomb... just that his car was bombed and there was no evidence that he was driving it at the time.

I was able to live with this contextual shortcoming while watching the film because it seems as though he only needed to pretend to be dead for a day or two, which is well within the normal police clusterfeck timeframe before anybody officially says anything.

Irieguy
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Sometimes just the name doesn't help generate a good start. Michael Clayton sounds like some English gentleman affair to the average moviegoer. OTOH, I'll bet The Departed got a lot of people thinking they might be seeing a horror movie!
</pre><hr />

Rick,

I agree. The movie The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of King George III in the play version. However, the change was made for the film because the producers feared American audiences may think they had missed parts I and II.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM

One may produce a copious, regular evacuation every day of the week and still be a stranger to reason.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One may produce a copious, regular evacuation every day of the week and still be a stranger to reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can somebody translate this for me please? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

PS Andy - Wish you guys would quote a part of the text you are responding to. With most people posting/reading in flat mode and not following threading it's so easy to get lost (or easy for me anyway!)