Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 PM

Default TJs button

Still struggling with postflop play, so comments plsno reads yes, but very loose table, so limper can have anything

Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

since initial raisor just checked i raised for info. If reraised, i would fold. plus i was going for free card,and try to represent Q, trying ot make better hands than mine to fold

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks,UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

took free card

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks,UTG+1 checks, Hero ???

so now, do i raise for value on river? the pot is small, and allthough opponents aren't tricky i cant be sure they dont have Q with low kicker

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: TJs button

Please fold flop.

Rest is fine. Bet river for value.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 PM

i think you should raise pf.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still struggling with postflop play

[/ QUOTE ]

You're also struggling a little with preflop play. This is an easy raise on the button for value with position.

Your postflop struggles stem from the inability to evaluate the strength of your hand.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Correct AW, thats why im posting
Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct AW, thats why im posting

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'll break it down for you this time...

[ QUOTE ]
since initial raisor just checked i raised for info.

[/ QUOTE ]

What info were you looking for? J-high is no good? I think you could have guessed that before you raised.

[ QUOTE ]
plus i was going for free card

[/ QUOTE ]

How likely is a free card going to help your situation? What are you drawing to?

[ QUOTE ]
and try to represent Q

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to represent hands you don't have. Represent a queen when you have a queen and be impressed at how much money you make.

[ QUOTE ]
trying ot make better hands than mine to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather play a game of making worse hands call by betting my good hands. It's much easier and more profitable.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Wow im worse than i thought
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 AM

We all come to that realization eventually. Multiple times. Don't get discouraged.

Preflop, while some of us would argue to raise suited Broadways for value, since you're clearly still working things out in your game overlimping is fine.

On the flop, you have J-high and only backdoor draws. Your hand officially sucks now. You invested a nickel with a mostly-speculative hand, and your pony crashed through the gate, crapped all over the track and broke its leg. Put it out of its misery and fold. You'll almost never convince five! opponents all to lay down to your aggression, and the odd time you do will never make up for the bets you spew every time it doesn't work.

However, there is some good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico (lol geicrolled), and you also got the free card you were looking for. Remember this, and next time when you're on the button and the flop comes more like Q94, you can raise for that free card with a solid draw and see two cards for one extra SB. That's investing wisely.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow im worse than i thought

[/ QUOTE ]

You should always be thinking this w.r.t. poker. It's your motivation to get better and to keep trying not to make bad plays.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so now, do i raise for value on river? the pot is small, and allthough opponents aren't tricky i cant be sure they dont have Q with low kicker

[/ QUOTE ]

If either of your two opponents had a Q with a better kicker- that fact that you were last to act on the turn and checked it through- told them that you were worried about being up against a Q. So... the fact that neither of them bet on the river before it got to you, would tell you that you are not up against a set of queens.