Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Stats thread**

over my last 60k hands my pf stats are about 23/21

Alot of the posts I seen as I skimmed thru this have VPIPs that are MORE than double their PFR. You shouldnt be limping so much, especially not in late position (or in erly position if aggro players are to your left).

Your VPIP and PFR should be close to one another, the gap shouldnt be too wide.

That said, dont go overboard. Playing a 21/21 stlye is a little too aggro preflop and if someone knows you put in the last raise EVERY hand you play preflop ( you never call ) they might start adjusting to this and put you in tougher spots. Most wont but some will. Moreover you dont want to put int he last raise PF EVERY time because sometimes a call is optimal. For example if you raise TJs from the CO and the SB 3bets you (you both have 150BB stacks). Reraising here is bad because it bloats the pot with a marginal hand, and folding isnt good because your implied odds are too good to pass up (assuming you play decent post flop and villian isnt phil ivey).

Cliff notes: Dont limp too much - get more aggro preflop. But at the same time be careful not to put in the last raise preflop EVERY time because there are times when that wouldn't be the most optimal move.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 AM

Also keep in mind that its very important to analyze your stats from poker tracker. Its important to perhaps notice some major leaks that you might want to seek help to plug.

HOWEVER, do NOT NOT NOT try too hard to make your stats look good by making bad plays. I know players who have excellent stats in my pokertracker but they still suck (and lose long term). Conversely I have opponents in my PT DB who have glaring leaks in their games based on stats but do other things that allow them to win long term (although they dont win as much as they should and their winrate is quite low).

So, analyze your game and review you stats. Understand how you play and why you play like that. BUT DO NOT make moves during play simply because you "should" according to your "stats".

For example, say a nittish 12/11 player raises UTG and a TAGgish 21/13 from the button 3bets to 17BB. Assuming 100bb stacks, you should fold AKs here, even though your preflop stats imply that you play AKs for a raise almost always.

Might seem obvious to some but I think its worth stating.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 PM

I'm trying to post my stats but can't figure it out. I'm trying to copy and paste the "more detail" section of PT. If anyone could help me that would be awesome.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 PM

Try doing a print screen when you have the detail section up and then editing it in MSPaint, that might work.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the 5% went to showdown is not the same as poker tracker's went to showdown stat

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I thought that too. I'm playing tight but not that tight.
Thanks for the advice so far. Was very helpful. I'll tried to slowly implicate what you said in my game and was doing pretty good. I thought that blind steeling is not that important at this level but I recognized that I'm getting more action with premium hands then before.
Cheers
Cosmo
Old 04-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Hello all,

I have been reading 2+2 for about three years now, and thought at some point I would eventually start posting on a consistent basis. I believe this is the right place to get started, since I will be beginning at the small stakes.

My story:

I'm a Junior at Georgetown U., and have been playing NL for about three years now. I have consistently beat .5/1 NL - 3/6 NL in the past, only to take shots at higher limits, and lose much of it (immaturity/a poor understanding of the game caused this I believe). After many instances of this happening, I became too stressed out from the whole rebuilding process, and quit playing online for the last six months.

After dedicating a decent amount of time to studying the game, I have started over from the beginning with a (hopefully) better game plan, and better bankroll management. Two days ago, I deposited $750 on Full Tilt, and will be playing .25/.50 NL. Every 10k hands, I will post my stats, and listen to all of your criticism on my play. My goal is to play 2k hands/day, but with finals around the corner, I am not sure if this will be possible. Once I get to 15 buy-ins, I will start taking shots at the next level. At 20 buy-ins, the next level will start to become my daily game.

I am glad I have finally made a post like this, and hope maybe I can help you guys out with some critique also. Thanks for listening guys.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:34 PM

Welcome to the forums Hoya [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

I have been reading 2+2 for about three years now, and thought at some point I would eventually start posting on a consistent basis. I believe this is the right place to get started, since I will be beginning at the small stakes.

My story:

I'm a Junior at Georgetown U., and have been playing NL for about three years now. I have consistently beat .5/1 NL - 3/6 NL in the past, only to take shots at higher limits, and lose much of it (immaturity/a poor understanding of the game caused this I believe). After many instances of this happening, I became too stressed out from the whole rebuilding process, and quit playing online for the last six months.

After dedicating a decent amount of time to studying the game, I have started over from the beginning with a (hopefully) better game plan, and better bankroll management. Two days ago, I deposited $750 on Full Tilt, and will be playing .25/.50 NL. Every 10k hands, I will post my stats, and listen to all of your criticism on my play. My goal is to play 2k hands/day, but with finals around the corner, I am not sure if this will be possible. Once I get to 15 buy-ins, I will start taking shots at the next level. At 20 buy-ins, the next level will start to become my daily game.

I am glad I have finally made a post like this, and hope maybe I can help you guys out with some critique also. Thanks for listening guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome bro, I have lived the same story and bought in for 400, am up to 600 at 25NL. 2K hands is hard to do in college. How many table you planning on playing?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 PM

Dude 10k stats dont mean [censored], anyone can run hot for 10k, 20, 30k.

If theres one thing i've learnt, its that changing your PT numbers to get into the "Perfect range that the guy who wins 15PTBB over 20k told you to aim for" is the biggest [censored] up ever.

Dont change your playing style unless you have a dam good reason. If your happy with 30/20, keep at it and improve your post flop.

if you get to 50 000 hands and honestly think your losing cash, i bet its not preflop.

Welcome to 2p2.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 PM

(thanks to lexxor for pointing me to this thread)

Just finished up my first 10K hands at 25NL. Below are my PT stats. Any feedback (positive, negative, neutral) will be much appreciated. If you would like to see something I haven't put up, please let me know and I will try to put it up.

I'm specifically wondering if there are any easily identifiable leaks in my game.

Thanks in advance...