Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: staying focused (help)

Op I am in the same situation, I am add and dont take meds. I have a friend who has been pushing me to go to the doctor and gt prescribed adderall, any one else have add and have the problem focusing and use meds?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:23 PM

you have to be very ADD to get a doctor to prescribe adderol(sp?) to you. If you get it though and are in college you can probably make a pretty penny
Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to be very ADD to get a doctor to prescribe adderol(sp?) to you. If you get it though and are in college you can probably make a pretty penny

[/ QUOTE ]

i went and did the whole adderall perscription thing. im not terribly ADD, but without question adderall got me through engineering. so i have a nice starting job to thank for it practically.

i would give some to friends during exams, but never sold it unless the person stuffed a few $1s in my wallet demanding i get something in return. i was too lazy to go to the doctor every month that i could get my refill, so i wanted it all for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dont take me for some coke head. i only take the stuff when i have important things to do (school/work/girls). it does help with poker too.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:04 PM

It sounds to me that your losing focus is from a lack of goals. You win and prove to yourself that your a good player. Resting in knowing that, you dont make the effort to improve even more and instead start playing worse.

To me Ive had glass ceilings at first $100 when I played micro limits and then $1000 when I got that far. As soon as my BR reached that level I could not keep winning consistently.
As soon as I put my eye on a higher goal ($2000!) I could focus again, sitting down at the virtual table suddenly had a purpose, I was there to reach 2k.

But I guess chemicals can work too =)
Old 08-15-2007, 06:42 PM

I have strong goals , I also have a problem with talking to much,shaking my legs and losing overall focus on things in life. example. I read a strategy book for a lil while and i start feeling jittery and having to go back over stuff I just read because I was reading but thinking about something else.