Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: WWYD?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold this (He needs to have 2 pair / set / SD / FD a lot for our call to be +EV).

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't do the maths but I'm pretty sure he only has to have a worse hand occasionally, you are usually beaten here but I would call every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but if I stick to the OP assumption (that at least one of them has the str), then I strongly believe this is a fold.

And omaha is all about reads when you are in spots like these.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't have any reads. He assumed that someone made a straight b/c of the action.
There are no reads in the world that can tell you SB has a straight. BB looks like he has one but a few times he maybe betting his remaining stack with worse hands since he figures SB has anything and you might fold a lot of hands.

Hero's breakeven point is something like 25% so you need that scenario to happen only a small %age of times
Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 AM

I folded, and both guys had the straight. Surprisingly I had 9 clean outs (one would assume a few pairs here and there). SB was a real donk and donated his winnings shortly after.

SHOWDOWN
BB shows [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
SB shows [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 AM

Folding this is ridiculous. Unless you can somehow see your opponents' cards and know that you're up against a set and a straight from BB, there's no reason to fold here. Even in your worst-case scenario, you're losing very little value, and if you're actually up against something like a set and two pair, folding this is a huge mistake.

As for the flop, just pot it. Betting a little bit less than the pot looks suspicious and will probably get less calls from borderline hands while failing to get full value from a low wrap.