Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 10-25 PLO hand at Bellagio vs. Scott Fischman

ugh...i hate these spots. you're going to see a lot of pressure when the board pairs or a spade falls or when a higher straight card falls.

if you're trying to find a fold, it's if one guy raised the pot and then someone cold called.

in that case i'd muck here and not worry about it, w/ those stacks and that scenario you're not losing any EV by giving up the current nuts.

i'd probably check this flop and see what developed behind me.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:46 AM

8 players to a flop??
sounds like a juicy game =)
Old 11-14-2006, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People never believe you betting out of the straddle like this, it is a great chance to get some money in the pot with the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

do people actually think like this in 8 way pots in OMAHA?

its pretty damn clear op has the nuts.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is my last hand and I straddle for $50. We see the flop 8-handed, Fischman is on the button. I have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of points which may or may not be useful.

1. Especially if you are OOP, a made straight on the flop, seen by 8 ppl that includes 2 of any one suit, is a hand that can get you in a lot of trouble. Any heat on the flop from reasonable players and you could safely throw this away.

2. If I'm playing TAG, I'd bet the flop to somewhat narrow the field or just checkou it and hope a blank hits the turn. This adds some deception because I dont think anyone will give you credit for a straight. Overall, I'm looking to play a smaller pot.

3. An optimal situation would be to play against 1-2 people on the turn, get a blank.

3. Then on river if a scare card hits, you might end up making more money with a check-call than if another blank hits the river.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People never believe you betting out of the straddle like this, it is a great chance to get some money in the pot with the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

do people actually think like this in 8 way pots in OMAHA?

its pretty damn clear op has the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leading only with the nuts here this deep is a big leak against observant opponents. How would you play A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 9 here?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:40 PM

Hey e, I was in this game and played with you a couple of times the days before this. I was the strikingly good looking internet player.

I think its best to play it as you did, folding to a reraise if it is likely going to be HU to the turn (unless the real fishy guy raised) on the flop, calling if it is 3-way or better unless the raiser is one of the tighter nittier players. It sucks turning your hand face up here, but I think you need to. It makes the hand easier to play and gaines more certain value, as even with 8 players you still likely have the most equity and need to charge their draws.

Edit: Although your hand really isnt face up, 34 is much more likely than a super combo draw or set+draw.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Yeah I mean, I'd obviously still pot it there with some other things.

It was fun playing with you, even though your bitch ass kept three-betting me. Did you stay much longer? Was that game still going strong? Did you manage to impress any Wynn cocktail waitresses with your big Bellagio chips? I went and gamboled it up with some 50-100 NL in LA...was kinda scary.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 PM

The game went for a long time, mostly 5-6 handed. The only real fish at the table left around the same time you did (that asian guy who got it all in pf with KKxx for 500+bb before i got there), so it was a pretty tough table. Still I played untill the english soccer guy left around noon thirty the next day. I might have stayed even longer, but didnt feel comfortable playing 3 handed PLO with fischman and that pro to his left as the shortstack with 1000BBs, and they didnt want to move to only holdem [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

I enjoyed playing with you too, GL in all your future exploits.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:32 PM

push like it was the midas hand, w straddle you are the king no matter what here. Only possible laydown is to another spade and checkraise on turn or river.