Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Would it be possible to include a "note feature"? What it would do is, if you are reviewing HHs and stats and you want to make a note for a player, you can use the HManager to write the note and it will show up during play on the site?

I think it would be very helpful to be able to review player's histories and then make notes that show up later while playing that person.

Basically Manager would have to be able to edit the poker sites note txt for you. PT has a notes feature, but the notes dont show up on the actual site.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:25 AM

Grab the latest update from www.holdemmanager.net

The biggest feature addition in this update is you can now get any stat for all of your reports by simply selecting the stat group from the drop down list before running the report.

If you have the 0 import problem please go to www.holdemmanager.net/Zero_Import_Problem.html

If you have imported lots of hands and are concerned about report performance, just realize that this is a beta and the DB auto indexing / vacuuming is not setup yet and a few other things need to be tweaked. I've run HM with a 10 million hand DB and it was fine provided these things were done. Future updates will focus on performance.

July 24th - 0.16b
* In the sessions tab right clicking a session now selects that session. Previously right clicking and selcting "Update Filter to Session Date and Time" would load the currently selected row to the hands tab not the row that was right clicked on
* Added Avg # Players in the Sessions Tab
* Bug Fix: Prima players showed up as ?? in the Selected Player box
* You can right click on a player in the "Players" tab to select him as the default player
* Added "Could River Cbet" and "Did River CBet" to Hands tab and changed all of the check boxes to either "Yes" if the event happened or blank if it did not to make sorting on those rows possible
* Temporarily removed the tooltips for the cells in the Players tab due to performance issues. Will bring this back using a different method to ensure performance does not suffer.
* Added Stat Groups to the Reports tab - you can now return any of the available stats for any report (Limped Flop, vs PFR and as PFR stat groups currently disabled)
* Fixed issue where some hands imported as 0.50/1.00 and other 0.5/1
* Fixed issue where player names that are the same on two different sites would have their stats combined.
* Fixed issue where using the between argument on a filter would cause the query to error
* Fixed Full Tilt import bug when there are multiple side pots plus a main pot
* Fixed Full Tilt import bug when there were ties for a side or main pots in hands with multiple side pots
* Fixed Full Tilt import bug where posting blinds puts the player all-in
* Fixed Full Tilt import bug on hands with antes
* ReportStats.xml is no longer being used (it is being used internally but not being loaded from a file). For people that have been customizing / adding stats I will be providing you a way to do this in an upcoming release.

rvg
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* Fixed issue where player names that are the same on two different sites would have their stats combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

W00t! Big update. This is what I've been waiting for, so I can finally re-import all of my hands. I was wondering if it'd be possible to add some way to tell which hands/files are causing errors. There are some hands that PT is able to import that HM is not (since all of the hands I'm importing came from the PT export). If you added a way for us to check, we could send you those hand histories and you could see what's wrong.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 AM

you should have a file named c:\importerrors.txt (sorry about the location... keep on forgetting to change it)

Failed hands go in there. Updates will become more and more accurate - I fixed 4 Full Tilt issues today related mainly to tourneys.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 AM

Hey RVG, great job so far!

When I try to login I get an error saying something to the effect of: Connection Error: There is no established connection because the destinationcomputer active denied it.

How do I solve that?
Regards, Youcan
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should have a file named c:\importerrors.txt

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah! so you can reimport them from there? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 AM

It looks like my 10/20 NL hands on PS got imported as 1/20 NL. Any idea why this might be?

Also, after doing an import, I noticed the files that had errors were the ones that PT named "pty ...". At Party, to my understanding, they have two formats for the hands. There was an old one, which PT exports as "pty" and a new one, which PT exports as "pty_new". But if you request hand histories from Party, they will send you the hand in the old format instead of the new format. During the import, I got a slew of errors from the files containing the old format. If you need samples, please let me know.

I was also wondering if people think that 6-max/9-max/10-max /HU hands should be separated or not. I'm used to having them separated as they are in PT, but maybe others like the way HM does it.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM

How does HM handle 6-max/9-max/10max?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 AM

Hi Roy, first off, I would like to say a big THANK YOU for taking the time and effort in creating and supporting this program. I truly believe that this program can and will (provided the players use it even to a fraction of its ability) help improve its users games.

That massive compliment aside, I do have a functional question. I may be missing something very obvious, but how do I run a report that would show my (or any players, for that matter) results based on hand type (I don't mean simply TPTK on flop, but rather by one pair, two pair, set, trips gernically, like PT showed in a table), enabling me to browse through hands where I had a certain made hand so that I can review them (eventually in the replayer, with opponents stats showing) to see if I played them optimally? Hopefully this question came out as I intended. basically, I know that the reports and hands filters enable you to see any type of hand, but I was lookuing to run a more generic report so I can see, for example, what type hand I lose money with the most or play the most suboptimally. Thanks in davance.

Ryan
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do I run a report that would show my (or any players, for that matter) results based on hand type (I don't mean simply TPTK on flop, but rather by one pair, two pair, set, trips gernically, like PT showed in a table

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the "By Showdown hand Value" report give you what you are looking for? If not let me know what you want and I'll show you how to tweak the report to show exactly what you want.

[ QUOTE ]
How does HM handle 6-max/9-max/10max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I am not storing the actual table size but I do store the number of players playing. My thoughts were that does it matter if I was playing 4 handed on a 6 max table or a 9 max table? In the Income tab (still to come) I was going to combine all 3 to 6 players cash as 6 max and 7 to 10 as full ring. However, after discussing this with some people I will be also tracking the table size so you can have a bit more flexibility on how you want this to look.

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like my 10/20 NL hands on PS got imported as 1/20 NL

[/ QUOTE ]

ugg... sorry, thought I tested them all before releasing 0.16b. This only affects the game description though and will be fixed.

[ QUOTE ]
Ah! so you can reimport them from there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that should work once I fix whatever the problem was that caused the hand to import in error in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
When I try to login I get an error saying something to the effect of: Connection Error: There is no established connection because the destinationcomputer active denied it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might just be Postgres isn't running or something - first try rebooting and see if it works. If not then go into your program files\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder and open holdemmanager.config in notepad and you will see a section that looks something like:

<setting name="ConnectionString">DATABASE=HoldemManagerB eta;SERVER=localhost;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;PWD=ab c123</setting>

Close HM and change that to

<setting name="ConnectionString"></setting>

When you relaunch HM you will be prompted for settings to connect to your database.

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be possible to include a "note feature"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

rvg