Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Day Trading Classes

My situation:

Just turned 21 and retired from poker. I graduated H.S. at 16 and started college right away, then quickly dropped out to play poker. I've played NL600 6-max and 30/60 LHE for the last 3 years and just recently quit and took a job in insurance consulting.

The job is good and i'm making ~65k + benefits for the first couple years. It's sort of boring though and i'm wondering what else there is out there.

I've always wondered what it is that day traders do, and know absolutely nothing about trading at all. I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a Day Trading Class. I read Barrin's thread about prop trading and it looks sort of fishy to me. I don't want to invest a lot of cash into this first starting out, but am willing to pay for the classes and what not.

This whole idea may be way off base of reality, but maybe someone out there has a suggestion. Basically I'm just already sick of a get up everyday at the same time, go to work, go home knowing you check type of deal and am looking for a something a little more interesting.

Thanks.