Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Official TRANSFORMERS Thread

-stabn good point about the hacker. i definitely could have gone without the stereotypically sassy black person.

i realize this is very nitty, but wasn't gone with the wind an everyman's Christmas blockbuster when it was released? maybe you were thinking of citizen cane.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this movie is basically the same as Pirates, Spiderman etc..dumbed down pg/pg-13 action scenes with really cool special effects, awful screenplay, terrible dialogue, and god awful directing by Michael Bay. All in all a decent summer movie...but nothing special besides the special effects.

you figure after The Island and Hot Fuzz Michael Bay might want to try and improve just a little as a director but guess not..as long as he can keep doing these crappy summer FX flicks he'll have a career.

Megan Fox is super hot..have seen her in person a bunch and she looks just as good. The neg is shes been dating Brian Austin Green for the past 2 years.

In terms of Michael Bay's movies
1. The Rock
2. Armegeddon
3. Bad Boys
4. Bad Boys 2
5. Transformers
6. The Island
7. Pearl Harbor

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Bay didn't direct "Hot Fuzz".

He did a good job on Transformers. Its a friggin' movie about cars that turn into robots; exactly how deep of a screenplay were you looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot Fuzz was written and shot to both show the love the writers, and most guys, have for crappy action movies but also as a bitch slap to Michael Bay for being such a god awful director.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how did he do a good job on transformers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The action was great. The CGI was seamless. He kept the story moving. What am I missing?

If you have problems with the script, that's another matter. He didn't write the thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of his shot selection is just horribly bad and there to simply show the size of his dick...Tony Scott occasionally has this problem too...but Bay takes it to a hole nother level. I get that everyone loves cool special effects...but this isn't a good movie. Is it a fun mindless special effects show...yah...Is it a good film--i.e. good writing/interesting characters/good dialogue/a well thought out plot-story/good acting/good directing/etc....nope.
But its is still def worth seeing.

Many of his scenes and sequences were poorly constructed and edited. The slow mo/wrap arounds/cheesy music/bad dialogue/bad acting/etc are part of the directors duties.
This si what Michael Bay is known for so its not a huge shock that he is still doing it but is also why he cant really do anything else other than these mindless big budget action flicks. Pearl Harbor and The Island are examples of MB trying to take a non mindless big budget action flick type script and then Michael Baying it into crap.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 PM

It was actually kinda cool until the battle scene really got going (and kept going and going and going and going...). I started to zone out halfway through that part.

Also wtf at, "You're a soldier now!" to the guy, then 10 seconds later he tells the girl, "don't worry your pretty little head we've got this" (my own script). That scene was stoooooooopid.

Hot chicks though. yummay
Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of Michael Bay's movies
1. The Rock
2. Armegeddon
3. Bad Boys
4. Bad Boys 2
5. Transformers
6. The Island
7. Pearl Harbor

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ Armageddon in front of anything other than Pearl Harbor.

Transformers is the best film Bay's done yet, though Shia is a real up-and-comer...he's gonna be a mega-star. Bay needs to pull back on the love story. That love connection was really the only time the film tried to turn itself serious and it didn't work on any level. Other than that it was outright fantastic.

[ QUOTE ]
It was actually kinda cool until the battle scene really got going (and kept going and going and going and going...). I started to zone out halfway through that part.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMGWTF??? Seriously, what did you expect, for them to break into a huge docu-drama about politics? It's a freakin action flick! The whole thing was supposed to be ridiculous battle sequences! Hell I'm practically disappointed they even bothered interjecting dialogue...

BTW, I'll just say right now that I'm a super-pimp at projecting:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

- C -
Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was pretty [censored] awesome. A few things were dumb, whatever, its a summer action movie. If you went looking for gone with the wind you should never talk about movies ever again.

The worst part was definitely Anthony Anderson as a hacker. God that was [censored] retarded. Especially after watching kevin smith as a hacker in die hard last week.

[/ QUOTE ]
life-tilt inducing scenes such as that one are enough to swing the movie from good to bad imo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of his shot selection is just horribly bad and there to simply show the size of his dick...Tony Scott occasionally has this problem too...but Bay takes it to a hole nother level. I get that everyone loves cool special effects...but this isn't a good movie. Is it a fun mindless special effects show...yah...Is it a good film--i.e. good writing/interesting characters/good dialogue/a well thought out plot-story/good acting/good directing/etc....nope.
But its is still def worth seeing.

Many of his scenes and sequences were poorly constructed and edited. The slow mo/wrap arounds/cheesy music/bad dialogue/bad acting/etc are part of the directors duties.
This si what Michael Bay is known for so its not a huge shock that he is still doing it but is also why he cant really do anything else other than these mindless big budget action flicks. Pearl Harbor and The Island are examples of MB trying to take a non mindless big budget action flick type script and then Michael Baying it into crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like you're holding a grilled hot dog in a back yard bbq up to the same standards as a cordon blue meal. Yes, everyone is impressed that you went to film school and have the lingo down. No, no one cares about the mechanics of the movie. No one is going to judge this movie on any of the criteria you hold dear. It's too bad you know so much about film that you can't enjoy it anymore, that's always a downside to being involved in an industry other people only visit.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZOMGWTF??? Seriously, what did you expect, for them to break into a huge docu-drama about politics? It's a freakin action flick! The whole thing was supposed to be ridiculous battle sequences! Hell I'm practically disappointed they even bothered interjecting dialogue...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I just think it was long, drawn out, and not altogether interesting
Old 07-04-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Transformers pre-screen factoid report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am super ramped up for this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I just got pissed when I read IMDB's cast list. They have Charlie Adler listed as the voice of Starscream instead of Frank Welker.

WTF? Was Frank Welker too busy voicing dinosaurs for a Disney Movie or did he die or something?

So far from previews, the only thing I haven't liked is that they should've used G2 Megatron instead of a fancy new one. They could've at least made him a tank for the classic look of his cannon arm.

This movie looks like it's gona be awesome. Great work of CGI.

[/ QUOTE ]

They tried to get the original voices. Optimus Prime is the same as the cartoon. Unfortunately though, people age. The guy who did Megatron in the 80's now sounds like an old man.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:39 PM

I've always thought the target demographic for Transformers was the 9-15 year old range. Seriously, go buy one. One of the bigger ones. Tell me that a 5-7 year old is going to be able to transform it if they lose the instructions. Even with the instructions, some of the toys are pretty hard to transform.

The franchise grew up as we did. This movie wasn't really intended for children, it was for us. The kids inside the grown men and (few) women that grew up loving Transformers. I felt that it aimed to be a movie that the grown up fans of the series could take their children to and everyone could have a good time. I thought it hit that target flawlessly.

If you didn't like the dialogue, tough. Cheesy dialogue is part of the camp value of the series. Chills ran all over me when I heard the classic line: "One shall stand and one shall fall."

The only dissappointing thing about this movie was the one-sidedness of the Optimus Prime and Megatron fight. Other than that, I was glued to the screen.

The fanboy in me really wanted to see this end differently, but I am overall pleased with the film. Definately the best film of the summer.

Things I would've changed about the movie and the ending in white:

<font color="white">I really wanted to see Hotrod. They did a pretty good job of making Bumblebee a cool character for once. Combining old the old Bumbleebee, the Hotrod character, and the junk planet robots was a pretty decent concept.

Ending fight scene could've been much better. Optimus and Megatron fight scene could've been much more evenly matched, ending ultimately in Prime's death and a verge of death, but extremely pissed Megatron.

Ironhide and Ratchet should've fought Blackout when he showed up.

While Optimus and Megatron were fighting, Sam should've taken the Allspark to Bumblebee who tries to destroy it with his chest compartment since he was battledamaged and on the verge of death, but winds up merging with it to become a new awesome robot that comes back to finish off the wounded Megatron and becomes the new leader of the Autobots.
</font>