Old 10-30-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: 2 hands with bouge_todd

[ QUOTE ]
hes kind of a nit

[/ QUOTE ]

i think hes more spewy than nitty
Old 10-30-2007, 04:07 AM

Hand 1: Your line looks really FOS here, IMO. He's checking behind SO MUCH of his range here. Is he really gonna value bet QT here?

His hand does look a lot like KQ/QJ, but even those bets seem a little thin, especially if he's folding to a raise. Would he really think you'd call with worse than a Q?

Hand 2: Push or fold the turn. Hand 1 results could make a push less attractive, but there are several better hands you might fold out (maybe even AA) not to mention you protect your hand. In general, I hate playing bluff catcher when there are a ton of bad river cards (diamonds, 9 8,K,A) we're not even committed on a blank, and only a PSR left, especially when I can fold out some better hands if I move now.

I'd probably just fold, though.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Your line looks really FOS here, IMO. He's checking behind SO MUCH of his range here. Is he really gonna value bet QT here?

His hand does look a lot like KQ/QJ, but even those bets seem a little thin, especially if he's folding to a raise. Would he really think you'd call with worse than a Q?

Hand 2: Push or fold the turn. Hand 1 results could make a push less attractive, but there are several better hands you might fold out (maybe even AA) not to mention you protect your hand. In general, I hate playing bluff catcher when there are a ton of bad river cards (diamonds, 9 8,K,A) we're not even committed on a blank, and only a PSR left, especially when I can fold out some better hands if I move now.

I'd probably just fold, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 1 - yeah, i agree this line was not very good. another reason it's not very good is that i can have pretty much anything on the river and there are few legit hands i could c/r, so if i'm c/r bluffing even a small % of the time with my air hands it's going to lead to a lot of bluffs vs real hands.

i thought he might bet thin with Qx or more likely try to get value with Ax, but Ax isn't even guaranteed to fold, so yeah, that was not well thought through.

hand 2 - the problem with my line is that it's only going to work if he fires exactly 2 barrels and doesn't improve and did not already have me beat. this is a lot of things that have to go right, so i think folding turn would be best. live and learn.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes kind of a nit

[/ QUOTE ]

i think hes more spewy than nitty

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 04:55 AM

so hand 1 we ran into AQ and hand 2 we ran into AQ?

lollll
Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 AM

in hand 1 what is he folding to the river c/r that he is not folding to a double barrel ?

edit: hand1 you need some serious table selection, 3 short stacks and 1 decent fullstack ?

hand 2 seems like a fold.

it sounds like you kept running into the top of his range tbh.