FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This means:
I am willing to pay up to $499 for this, but $500 is just too much. 1 1.28%
I don't want to pay anywhere near $500, maybe about half that is ok. 64 82.05%
I just plain don't want to do this. 13 16.67%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Default I got arrested & evicted.

I wake up at about 3:30pm yesterday and immediately jump in the shower. It's interrupted by a knock at my door, so I jump out get dressed and answer it. It's a detective. I've never met the guy before, but I know exactly who he is. He's the husband to the assistant manager of the apartment complex I live in, and he's got history with some of the people I know.

"There are reports of drug praphernalia, needles, and hard drugs from this apartment. May I search?"

I'm immediately stunned because I've never been into recreational drug use. Smoked weed maybe twice, don't drink, don't smoke, and my arms don't exactly resemble a pinata because I'm not a tweaker.

I oblige and then immediately realize the reason he's here.

I've got a friend named Mike who isn't exactly a model citizen, and their families were neighbors in an adjacent apartment complex. Mike's parents were very close to Becky, the manager and cop's wife, until the cop busted Mike for an unlawful firearm and possession. Mike's parents cut off all communication with Becky so I'm guessing she holds it against Mike for ruining her friendship, or that's how it was explained to me. Anyway, several weeks prior, Becky saw Mike at the gym with me... and I was warned to be careful because they really, really don't want Mike at that apartment complex.

He asked me if I was armed, and I said, "yeah I got a bowie knife in my pants."
"It's probably not smart to joke with a police officer about such matters."

They get me to sign a paper which I didn't [censored] read (I'd kick myself in the nuts if I could go back in time).
...another cop shows up and they start their search. I was thinking "what a waste of time." About 45 minutes later they finish the apartment and it's totally clean.

Then they tell me it's time for my car...

Oh [censored]. I just remembered something...

I'm prescribed a form of Alzaprozam (Niravam) which is the same type of drug as Xanax except it dissolves in your mouth. Well about 4 weeks ago I ran out on Friday and my doctor said he'd call out the prescription early next week, so I bought 4 Xanax to last me over the weekend. I ended up only taking half of one before getting my prescription refilled so I had an unmarked bottle sitting under my seat with the label torn off.

Well, I told them I was prescribed Alzaprozam before they started their search. When I unlocked my car I grabbed my legal prescription bottle with the Niravam, and the unmarked bottle and turned them both in thinking they'd understand. They finished searching the car like the bottles weren't a big deal, and after he was done he asked me a few questions and I told him the truth [that the stuff in the unmarked bottle were purchased off the streets].

I was placed under arrest... for a felony.

They brought me to the police station where I got talk to the arresting officer about my situation. Even though there were about 40 squad cars outside, the station was completely empty. We were the only people inside, which was a lot less flattering than I expected.

He explained my situation and mentioned the fact that my apartments have a strict no-drug policy that I was going to be evicted. He mentioned this about 4 times. He then explained that I was very cooperative, and that he believed my story that's why he wasn't going to charge me with possession with intent.

I then get sent off to County which was even worse. Takes me a while to get booked and they ask me all sorts of silly questions.

"You have aids?"
"hope not."
"missing any limbs, organs, or appendages?"
"seriously? no."
etc.

I change, they put me in a cell with a bunch of people who are having a conversation about jail not being as bad as it seems in the media. The first thing I ask is whether or not any of them are named Bubba, and one replies, "yeah, I'm bubba Sr." Another says, "I'm bubba Jr." Everyone laughs, and I'm put at ease.. It's about 7:30, I make a phone call to my sister who contacts our lawyer who has me bonded about by 9:30. It takes them from 9:30 to 11:30 to finish booking me, and I'm released.

I have a fairly successful night of poker, and home never felt better. I wake up today with an envelope in my door. The contents were a notification that my lease will not be renewed, and that I'm being fined $300 for having a Chihuahua in my apartment. The dog that I'm watching for a couple days while my family is in Guatemala at some mission.

The only thing that worries me about the entire situation is whether or not a felony charge will wind up on my record. My family has a very good lawyer, and I'm going in to talk to him over the next couple of days to find out where I stand.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: I got arrested & evicted.

Wow are you stupid. I dont feel any sympathy at all for you.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 PM

You're an idiot.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh,

Sucks dude.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"There are reports of drug praphernalia, needles, and hard drugs from this apartment. May I search?"

I oblige

[/ QUOTE ]

looooooooooooooooool olololololol
Old 06-13-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By someone called "4drugmoney" lol

OP, that sucks man, sorry to hear about it.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then they tell me it's time for my car...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-13-2007, 09:21 PM

I dont understand. Op had nothing in his apartment. Why is he so stupid? I would say sure search it so i could just get it over with and not have to worry about them coming back later.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:21 PM

damn guatamelans take all the jobs
Old 06-13-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand. Op had nothing in his apartment. Why is he so stupid? I would say sure search it so i could just get it over with and not have to worry about them coming back later.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a random cop I might've refused, but this guy is married to the assistant manager. Refusing would probably be -ev plus get me on the LCPD drug-watch or something, and I really thought I had nothing to hide.