Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: another deepish live hand OOP

would you pot a diamond that paired the board on the river?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Results? Sounds like you lost.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:39 PM

yeah, river blanked. I don't like the idea of putting 250BB well behind with one card to come, and I think there has to be better ways to play it, but really the only hand I'm in bad shape against is a set. If he has a wrap and a pair or a wrap no-pair I'm dominating, and he's probably folding AA. even top two I'm pretty even money.

I'd probably check-call a pairing diamond. I might lead HP sometimes.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:19 PM

The raise on the turn was probably a bit out of line but not terrible. The reason I don't like it is that it basically turns your hand into a bluff (flush draw with one card to come, MAYBe the two Kings as outs, and a couple queens).

Your hand, as you pointed does have a lot of value (does well against someone who can have a fairly wide range). However, there are quite a few combinations that really have you hurting. I think it would serve you better to let this hand act as a bluff-catcher rather than a rather weak semi-bluff.

As you pointed out, I think the main problem is playing this OOP against an aggresive player whose game you respect and who can have a wide range. If you had position this hand would be A LOT easier, mainly because, if you call the turn your hand looks like a wrap+fd and makes a bluff on the river easier when checked to. When you're OOP you're basically just pushing chips in and praying that A) he has a set or top two and will lay it down or B) that he didn't have a big wrap+draw as well.

The turn decision to me boils down to this:

1) Of the hands in his range, the hands that he holds that beat you currently are beating you by more than the hands that you beat currently.

2) I don't realy think you have much fold equity given the play up to this point.