Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Help me pick a stock for my finance interviews

PBR
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM

ooh i like that...bonus points for the intl politics implications
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 AM

Talk about Etrade LDO
Old 11-15-2007, 02:51 AM

CSHD.PK
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back after a self imposed break, I thought I would give my thoughts here. I can recommend a stock to you, however, my recommendations are based mainly in TA, and they are probably looking for something using fundamental analysis.

I do have a question for you. Why don't you have a stock? Why do you need to ask for a favourite stock? If this is the career you are looking to pursue, you should have at least FIVE stocks you are following right now. If not, then why are you pursuing sales and trading? Oh, because you hear they make a lot of money...yes they do, the ones that do their own homework, and have a deep and committed passion for this game and live sleep eat and breath stocks and trading all day long..I don't think you are doing that, and they will smell that a mile away. I've been down this road...I'll give you some advice..connections can get you in the door to the show, but if you don't have that commitment and passion, they won't hire you, because you will do poorly at it, and the guy that hires you will catch hell for hiring someone that is losing money for the firm...you will not get the job based on connections alone...you have to love the game and work at it, and it has to show...

THE HUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

THE HUN

After being a clerk/broker/trader/manager/and eventual CEO on Wall Street for yrs,and seeing 1000's of college graduate resumes pass my desk in my time....I must say you make some very valid points to anyone pursuing a career in finance/trading...........along with the intention of STAYING there!

Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 PM

Leucadia (LUK) is an interesting stock. Some people refer to it as the next Bershire Hathaway. They are a conglomerate that invests in a wide range of businesses. However, LUK has outperformed BRK-A over just about any time period you want to compare the two.

Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (RIO) is one of the largest mining companies in the world. As the global economy continues to expand, RIO supplies the raw materials to fuel that growth.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PTR

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

BTW Stephen I've read a lot of your notes over the years and I'm wondering if you will create a well like dcphrths and mrbaseball anytime soon? I'm more interested in hearing about your management stories since those two did great jobs at explaining their stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]