Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 AM

Default TT 5/10

Have only been at the table for about 4 rotations.

MP1 is something like 33/6/1.3
BB is something like 29/7/1

My main questions are the turn and river.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, Hero ?

Plan here? Obviously we're seeing the river, but the flop action gives me the feeling I may be looking at one of them on a flush draw, having a bigger set, or a made straight. Two pair is certainly a possibility for one or both of them.

Also, regardless of the action, let's say the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hits on the river. Then what?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: TT 5/10

Just bet until you have reason to slow down.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM

bet the turn. reassess according to action that follows. if a K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the river and BB suddenly wakes up and donks, i would be in a position to make the big laydown. and then probably call(b/c i'm a weak man)and hope to see an overplayed AK.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just bet until you have reason to slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]how could one argue with this advice?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:56 PM

Bet it out, no reason to slow down yet.

Haupt_234
Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM

yeah, i think the only way i release here if possible for the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM

I lead out. If you're against a flush and/or a straight, you have a lot of outs to a boat, which would win you a giant pot. If the turn gets capped, it sucks, but it would probably happen if you bet or check, but most likely, it won't, and there is still a really good chance that your hand is best right now.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:22 PM

I lead out that turn.

There's a chance that you are behind to a flush with that flop action. But given the preflop, I doubt you are behind a bigger set. There are a number of top pair, two pair or strong draw hands that will play against you that way on the flop.

So the chances that you are ahead, plus the chances that you fill up when behind make betting this turn +EV in my books. I'd hate to give A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a free river.

If the turn gets raised and 3 bet back to me, I'm calling to fill up and folding the river UI. If it's only one raise back to me, I'm calling and check/calling the river. If it's just called behind me on the turn, then I'm leading any non-spade, non-K, non-J river.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:06 PM

I bet out here also, and call if someone raises; that is a scary card for everyone and a raise probably means "I have the flush" for a typical player who does not understand the concept of overcalls, only "good hand = raise." Then you have to call because you can boat up but I am scared of an A or Q boat, since someone could easily have AT, AQ, or QT. I think the K is the safest paint card because AK or KQ seems more likely than AJ or QJ with all those raises. I would probably just b/c or c/c and A here; if you check, most As will still bet and you will win a bet but usually only a higher boat will raise given the action, so I think c/c is the best line.

I also think that above posters "big laydown" would be somewhat of an awful laydown when you could easily be up against 2 different 2 pair. Only a fourth spade gets me to even think about laying down.

Also note that a weak player who flopped the straight will be scared of the flush card and probably not raise again on 4th street, giving you the chance to draw out.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I also think that above posters "big laydown" would be somewhat of an awful laydown when you could easily be up against 2 different 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big ups to your hand reading skills. MP guy had AK and guy in the blinds had AT.