Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: My rebuttal to Mark Seif on RawVegas.TV

[ QUOTE ]
I never really though much about it when i first read this, but the concept that a site destroys its HH data is WAY more worrying to me than ANYTHING else that has come from this.

Seriously, this is like 10 times worse than someone using a superuser account to see hole cards.

This remind me of a film scene, im pretty sure it was Wall Street, where late at night a bunch of employs are sat around a shredder feeding files into it because of an investigation that was going on.

There is two ways to look at it, the cynic would say there is WAY more to this story than what has been shown so far and so they have destroyed evidence where people have used the 363 or similar to cheat. The optimist would say that the site is a heavily mismanaged company that is highly incompetant and has a systemicly failed to set up the systems required for such a company to operate effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter how you look at it using a superaccount to view hole cards is much worse than deleting their hand histories. The latter is just a minor inconvenience when somebody requests an old hand history and can't receive it, the former is blatant cheating for probably millions of dollars.

Of course them deleting hand histories is ridiculous, especially ones from not even two years ago, but it still pales in comparison to the entire superuser scandal.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 PM

Kudos, Todd.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 PM

Well I'm not sure on that.

It is 1000$ fine per deleted hand history. Does anyone know the current penalty for each use of a hole-card cam?

Let's assume THAT is maybe 100K fine per tournament in the case of the cam. Now, it comes down to a simple case of math. If the cheater in question, lasts longer than 100 hands, then the hole-card cam fine is the cheaper penalty to go by, and hence a bargain. Otherwise, it's much more ecconomical to go the deleting hand-histories route.

And in this principle, we can figure which is the better/worse and by how much...
Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Also great stuff DanDruff. To anybody with a brain you are clearly coming off a million times better than Seif, and everything you said was spot on and easy to understand. I doubt Seif is going to reply to any of the questions you posed that he can't answer though, which is most of them. He'll just ignore them or make up more lies.

Anybody who continues to play there is pretty dumb IMO. That's not to say that I think cheating is still going on, in fact I think right now there is about a 0% chance that is happening, but they've demonstrated multiple times how shady they are in more ways than one. Every week it's something new with these people.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:55 PM

yeah, nice job with the interview
Old 10-31-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is 1000$ fine per deleted hand history. Does anyone know the current penalty for each use of a hole-card cam?

Let's assume THAT is maybe 100K fine per tournament in the case of the cam. Now, it comes down to a simple case of math. If the cheater in question, lasts longer than 100 hands, then the hole-card cam fine is the cheaper penalty to go by, and hence a bargain. Otherwise, it's much more ecconomical to go the deleting hand-histories route.

And in this principle, we can figure which is the better/worse and by how much...

[/ QUOTE ]

$1000 fine per deleted hand history? Did you just pull this number out of your ass or what?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$1000 fine per deleted hand history? Did you just pull this number out of your ass or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

who implements these fines?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 PM

The latter is not just a minor inconvenience: it hints at the fact that a lot more shady things could be going on besides user 363.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:58 PM

No he didnt pull it out of his ass.

1k/per IS the number listed in the KGC regs...however Id bet a large chunk of money that its never enforced in this case
Old 10-31-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who implements these fines?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Kahwanakee Gaming Commission of course!