Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 04:20 AM

Default Nut str8 3 handed

At this time I have a super tight image at table, even though I hadnt bought in half an hour ago, Villain is LAG and button is TAG.

1 2 PL on Stars, Hero has 8 9 A Q in small blind and completes. Flop is 6d 7d 2s. 10 in pot, Villain bets 3 button calls and so do I.

Turn is 5c of giving me nut str8, I check, and villain pot bets something like 19 dollars Button calls, I repot all in for 48 Villain calls, and Button repots to 200 putting Villain all in. Villain calls

River 10d. All money is in Villain had K high flush draw and 2 pair on turn hits flush on river, duh!! Button had same str8 as me.

How do you guys think I played this? Is there anyway to get off it, even if I put one on a set and other on diamonds am I supposed to fold there? How about if I think someone has my hand and the other is drawing, is there fold equity to be had? All comments appreciated
Old 12-31-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Nut str8 3 handed

Don't make a habit of trying to checkraise the turn when you hit your draw. Generally it's better to just lead the majority of the time with the occasional c/r to vary your play.

Also calling with an outside straight draw as short as you are on a two flush board is generally pretty dumb. At best your 6 outs are live and you will win without a split (You don't have enough behind to make this call). At worst you are going to get freerolled if you do happen to hit it.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM

I definitely agree and I told myself yesterday no more calls on a 2 flush board with just a str8 draw, I know better. On the other hand I had called 3 into a 16 dollar pot giving me proper odds but still I am done making that play
Old 12-31-2006, 08:07 PM

For some reason I read 3 as 8. Your flop call is fine.