Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:38 AM

Default $5+.50 JJ Early middle

Moved to this table recently, no read of yet. I assume this is standard? Don't think unknown would re-raise so large with AA/KK right? Forgive me if standard. I'm assuming a range of TT-QQ, AK, maybe AQ or even much worse, possibly AA or KK but doubtful IMO.

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 80/160 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 3,530
UTG: 4,296
UTG+1: 796
UTG+2: 1,962
MP1: 6,767
MP2: 3,075
CO: 7,750
BTN: 7,189
SB: 8,615

Pre-Flop: (240) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to 640</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to 2,160</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 3,530 and is All-In</font>, UTG+1 calls 156 and is All-In, MP1 calls 1,370
Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: $5+.50 JJ Early middle

i like it even tho i gave up playing the fishhooks for my new years resolution 2 years ago (not lost a dime w/ them since)....

looks like he's trying to ISO the dead money with 2 overs or a low PP. you could just flatcall the BB too then shove anything without an A or K in it...

he's so committed to calling ATC after putting the 2160 in.

i'd love to hear how this turns out!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like it even tho i gave up playing the fishhooks for my new years resolution 2 years ago (not lost a dime w/ them since)....

looks like he's trying to ISO the dead money with 2 overs or a low PP. you could just flatcall the BB too then shove anything without an A or K in it...

[/ QUOTE ]Interesting spot for a stop n go. I'd definitely hate to do this into a wider range like AQ, or 77-QQ, miss a lot of value. Tough to figure out a standard range. Some are tight and others will be isolating with all kinds of junk.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:15 AM

like i said JJ no longer in my arsenal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

so i don't face this problem much anymore..... cuz anytime i get in w/ them i get matusow'd.... top set??? no problem... loses to runner runner double gutter. overpair??? gets called by 10s and 10's hit 2 outer on turn.

i like how you played it. if u're stickin it in you have to push. the stop and go gives you some leeway to get away. one way or another, if you're calling the 2160 you're getting the rest in shortly thereafter if not pre. if he has overs he still gets 3 or 4:1 to call post anyways... so like i said, you have to realize that his raise commits him.

youll be sick if you fold and he turns over 99 which you could see for free tho...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 AM

i have a 32% cash rate in donkaments.... normally in a spot like this i'd muck and wait for a better spot.... then make a player note about what he isolates shorties with and use it for future reference.

i like the stop and go cuz if he has like KQs or maybe even QQ and the flop comes A 6 2, he might get off his hand to the stop n go and you get a nice sidepot of 1400.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:05 AM

The stop n go is not used to get people to fold worse hands
Old 11-11-2007, 03:45 AM

i comprehend that the stop n go isn't go get people to fold worse hands but in this case it can be used to do that. getting it all in pre means that the other guy sees the turn and the river... and with 6 outs he is about 26% to hit. if he doesn't know that you don't have the ace or that you are representing it, he may just be induced to fold instead of stacking you with the 2 more pulls to go.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think unknown would re-raise so large with AA/KK right? UTG+1 raises to 640</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to 2,160</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, this is not a large RR.