Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 AM

Default The future global religion to be

Baha'i?

Supposedly after various Regional governments and currencies(European, North American, African, etc) are formed, they will be consolidated into a one world government. Also, there is supposed to be a one world religion, which I believe will be Baha'i.

This is just my guess based on reading about it for the first time tonight. I was wiking an actress and saw that her religion is Baha'i.

The Baha'i faith is realtively new (~160 y/o) and seemingly globalistic. He is a snip from the wiki article:

"Social principles
The following 12 principles are frequently listed as a quick summary of the Bahá'í teachings. They are derived from transcripts of speeches given by `Abdu'l-Bahá during his tour of Europe and North America in 1912. The list is not authoritative and a variety of such lists circulate.

Unity of God
Unity of religion
Unity of mankind
Gender equality
Elimination of all forms of prejudice
World peace
Harmony of religion and science
Independent investigation of truth
Universal compulsory education
Universal auxiliary language
Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics
Elimination of extremes of wealth and poverty

With specific regard to the pursuit of world peace, Baha'u'llah prescribed a world-embracing Collective Security arrangement as necessary for the establishment of a lasting peace."

Here's another snip:
"United Nations
Bahá'u'lláh wrote of the need for world government in this age of humanity's collective life. Because of this emphasis many Bahá'ís have chosen to support efforts of improving international relations through organizations such as the League of Nations and the United Nations. The Bahá'í International Community is an agency under the direction of the Universal House of Justice in Haifa, and has consultative status with the following organizations:

United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
World Health Organization (WHO)
United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM)
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)

The Bahá'í International Community has offices at the United Nations in New York and Geneva and representations to United Nations regional commissions and other offices in Addis Ababa, Bangkok, Nairobi, Rome, Santiago, and Vienna.

In recent years an Office of the Environment and an Office for the Advancement of Women were established as part of its United Nations Office. The Bahá'í Faith has also undertaken joint development programs with various other United Nations agencies. In the 2000 Millennium Forum of the United Nations a Bahá'í was invited as the only non-governmental speaker during the summit."

Discuss.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: The future global religion to be

Their bible rhymes in Esperanto.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:40 AM

You had me at New World Order!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Universal compulsory education
Universal auxiliary language
Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics
Elimination of extremes of wealth and poverty

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this will occur.

[ QUOTE ]
""It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself—anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face… was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime…"

~George Orwell

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime.
~George Orwell

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting how Huxley and Orwell's works have become blueprints for globalists.

I recently read something about autos soon to have facial scanners not only for catching enemies of the state but also to detect whether the driver is tired, drunk, etc.

Anyway, back to the question at hand...
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Supposedly after various Regional governments and currencies(European, North American, African, etc) are formed, they will be consolidated into a one world government. Also, there is supposed to be a one world religion, which I believe will be Baha'i.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. Where is this "supposedly" and "will be" coming from?

No one interested in global unification would make a goal of to homogenizing religion of all things. ROFL.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:25 AM

Back at you-

lol at a global government that allows the peons to believe in whatever religion or philosophy they choose.

And the 'supposedly' and 'will be' is mine.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol at a global government that allows the peons to believe in whatever religion or philosophy they choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if history's taught us anything, it's that religious fundamentalism is among the most malleable aspects of human society. No reason to expect problems converting 3 billion subscribing to the Abrahamic faiths.

If you want to string together any sort of global identity, it better have absolutely nothing to do with religion, period.

[ QUOTE ]
And the 'supposedly' and 'will be' is mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what analysis are you forecasting this practically impossible geopolitical revolution?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 AM

The Bahai religion is no better, no worse than any other of the revealed religions. I would be very unhappy to live under their government. It suffers from the same weaknesses and is perhaps more careful in the way it goes about its ways of recruiting and developing as it is undoubtedly much more openly political in their literature. I got involved with the bahai's in the late 1960's and at that time it was much easier, since there were much fewer adherents to get early access to their more "advanced" manuals of indoctrination. I now this later statement is going to chagrin many bahai's, but I stand by what I say.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:19 AM

Sounds like deism with some globalism sprinkled on top. It would be logical to assume that deism w/o globalism would be more popular.