Default Re: Beat: Ingerland is crapping the bed in a big way

whats point sacking mcclaren whos going to want the job now
Old 11-21-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 PM

Also massive LOL at blaming McLaren for all this. Clearly he was not the best choice for the job, but the players simply couldn't get it together on the pitch.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still say they tie this one in the end and make it through.

Edited to add: and Beckham scores the game tying goal ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I RIGHTLY predicted that they would tie the game up. I somewhat RIGHTLY predicted that Bekcham would score the game tying goal (He set it up) but they had to bottle it in the end.

Oh well, they never really had a shot at winning the tourney anyways.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:22 PM

i'm English ldo...

and i'm honestly glad they lost. they have played like [censored] for a year and only needed a draw at home tonight vs a team that has already qualified.

things cannot get better until heads roll... this is a national embarrassment and it really can only get better..

manager will be sacked tomorrow morning imo.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 PM

Hey, check my thread in Sporting Events if you want to discuss new manager possibilities/ideas for the FA.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also massive LOL at blaming McLaren for all this. Clearly he was not the best choice for the job, but the players simply couldn't get it together on the pitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, if you rate the players individually (how they play for their clubs) then England are amongst the best national teams in the world. It's the fault of the manager that they can't play well together. I can't believe he refused to resign. Surely he will be fired tomorrow morning? He must be getting a big payment to be fired rather than resign. But whatever it is, it can't be worth the whole country hating you for it. Absolutely no honour in that. I was actually a fan of Sven who was (and is) a brilliant manager who barely lost a game for us, but Mclaren has been [censored] from the start. Ever since Middlesborough got trashed in the UEFA cup final it was glaringly obvious he has no honour: he probably prefers to get fired and make a ton of cash than that we even qualified in the first place.

At least now we can re-build the team hopefully under Mourinho, for the World Cup. 30 months is so long. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be a joke right. McClaren made huge mistakes throughout his tenure. How he cant manage to qualify from that group with those players is a joke.

Why did we play 4-5-1 tonight? Why'd we play 3-5-2 against Croatia away? Why'd he leave Robert Green out in the cold when he's performing at his best and Robinson is flapping away? Why'd he wait until late in the campaign to ring in the changes and leave out Lampard? And on and on and on

McClaren has a huge part to play in this. He's not the only part in this I agree but he has to take the brunt of the blame

Fair play to Croatia tonight though, they were excellent and destroyed England. We got what we deserved.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, if you rate the players individually (how they play for their clubs) then England are amongst the best national teams in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, if you rate the players individually (how they play for their clubs) then England are amongst the best national teams in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]