Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Creating a new PokerStars account

When I started playing poker (realmoney), I didnt had a clue of anything. A friend had a bit of experience trough forums etc. I created my PokerStars account and had no idea for a screenname... So I asked my friend. He told me one and I used it. So now, I'm stuck with this screenname (the "real" person of this sn is a super high stakes player on fulltilt). the other player on the tables are bugging me about the sn and are asking "are you making a video? why are you at this low stakes?" Its really annoying. I emailed Stars but they wont let me deleted my account nor will they change my sn. weren't there people on this forum who were forced to change their sn because it was offensive or something? they told me they cannot change it because of software issues (I doubt that they store HH's on the servers with the sn instead of a account number or something) Any advice?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Creating a new PokerStars account

You're stuck with the name you chose when you signed up. They won't let you change your name and if you open another account you'll be breaking the T&C (so don't complain to us when it happens).
Old 11-22-2007, 07:19 PM

youre screwed
Old 11-22-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youre screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've tried, I closed my acct for a yr, and they still wouldnt let me open new one.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:58 PM

thanks for your answers! i hate to hear this... i wanted to switch from fulltilt to stars and become a supernova... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:19 PM

If you tell them people are continually harassing you and that you'll play at FTP if they don't let you switch... and they still don't let you switch... you shouldn't want to play on PokerStars anyway.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I started playing poker (realmoney), I didnt had a clue of anything. A friend had a bit of experience trough forums etc. I created my PokerStars account and had no idea for a screenname... So I asked my friend. He told me one and I used it. So now, I'm stuck with this screenname (the "real" person of this sn is a super high stakes player on fulltilt). the other player on the tables are bugging me about the sn and are asking "are you making a video? why are you at this low stakes?" Its really annoying. I emailed Stars but they wont let me deleted my account nor will they change my sn. weren't there people on this forum who were forced to change their sn because it was offensive or something? they told me they cannot change it because of software issues (I doubt that they store HH's on the servers with the sn instead of a account number or something) Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] change account name
[x] change friend
Old 11-23-2007, 03:25 PM

Just turn the chat off if you're bothered.

It's really not a big deal.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not only the chat...It's how others play..Have you ever seen a CR video when one of there pros are "trying" to make a low stakes video and somebody know who they are??? The "friend" starts making a mockery out of the game and soon EVERYBODY at the table is just trying to make moves to be able to say I beat XXXXXX..Also players who play higher stakes will "step down" just to play with the "Big Time" pro...
Old 11-23-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not only the chat...It's how others play..Have you ever seen a CR video when one of there pros are "trying" to make a low stakes video and somebody know who they are??? The "friend" starts making a mockery out of the game and soon EVERYBODY at the table is just trying to make moves to be able to say I beat XXXXXX..Also players who play higher stakes will "step down" just to play with the "Big Time" pro...

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. lol, cts raises, I 3bet!