Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm: 11/4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might seem like I'm nit picking but realism means a lot to how funny the bit is.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Every single episode has that "Why doesn't he obviously do x and he wouldn't be in this situation" element. I haven't seen a bit that had much realism.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point, but stuff that is completely ridiculous loses it's humor to me. Even though every CYE epsiode features stuff that would never happen irl, they're usually plausible. Some of the earlier episodes of this season had too many crazy situations and that's why I didn't like them a ton.

I should clarify. It's not really the situations themselves that I need to be realistic, it's just the actions of the characters that need to be authentic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough but so many times it's the actions that lead to situations no smart person would put themselves in. ex. Larry keeps saying the actual n-word instead of just "n-word", they could've just put up glass to separate the chef w/ turrets. These are just a couple examples off the top of my head where I would get mildly tilted like "wtf no way that person is that stupid irl".
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 AM

Another really good episode. Leon was great. It was also funny when they first cut to Jeff and you see his big bald head.

also just a random Q about therapy since I've never been, but are therapists basically life coaches? It seems weird that they just tell people exactly what they think they should do and say.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:56 AM

I thought this episode was AMAZING until i got to the end, and then wondered "wait, why did Larry's therapist go to Cheryl's therapist for advice? He knows that'd be bad for Larry. And doesn't the entire thing violate some client/doctor privledges?

Anyways, I still loved it, despite the ending being really stupid.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 AM

I guess if you want to complain about a lack of realism Larry's therapist going to Cheryl's therapist is the most unreal part. Although it's possible that a) Larry's therapist really didn't realize it was Cheryl's therapist since he never really got a good look at her, or b) that he's doing it to get back at Larry for leaving him in jail.

What's weird is that there are plenty of other ways for Larry to get caught, so I don't know why they went with that one.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 AM

A random user comment on IMDB summed up IMO the current state of the show better than I could when he said:

"It is a shame that a once great show has fallen into the pattern that besets so many shows after they've creatively peaked. That is, many shows descend into annoying mediocrity when they start lazily incorporating weak and obvious comedic ideas and the actors' neuroses are overly exaggerated to the point that they are not only annoying but unlikeable. " Link.

Really hope it isn't the last season though.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A random user comment on IMDB summed up IMO the current state of the show better than I could when he said:

"It is a shame that a once great show has fallen into the pattern that besets so many shows after they've creatively peaked. That is, many shows descend into annoying mediocrity when they start lazily incorporating weak and obvious comedic ideas and the actors' neuroses are overly exaggerated to the point that they are not only annoying but unlikeable. " Link.

Really hope it isn't the last season though.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously just want this show to suck. it is still just as awesome as it ever was.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:34 PM

wtf he went to that therapist on purpose, ldo.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Funkhauser's voice is so awesome. He's like a walking corpse.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was so funny as Super Dave on Letterman, it was some of the best deadpan I've ever seen.

And now he owns as that bitch Funkhauser. "Run? I don't run."