Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Nick Hogan

[ QUOTE ]
Accidents like this happen every day. Where the driver barely has a scratch but 1 or sometimes more passengers are either killed or maimed for life. This accident is nothing unique or special, so what's causing the tiltness? Because you don't like him from the how he appears on the show? Sounds like a personal problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So ridiculously spoiled celebrity kids who were on tv crashing their cars while driving well over the speed limit and paralyzing their passenger isn't unique? Got it.

We can all be fairly sure that this crash had nothing to do with ego or being spoiled.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So ridiculously spoiled celebrity kids who were on tv crashing their cars while driving well over the speed limit and paralyzing their passenger isn't unique? Got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leif Garrett
Vince Neil
Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I read an interview where he was bragging that he got pulled over for speeding three times in one trip, each time going over 100 mph. He was like "the first two let me go because they knew who I was, but the third guy knew I had just been pulled over twice and finally said he had to give me a ticket!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Read any driving thread involving D-10 to see dozens of 2p2'ers bragging about doing things that are just as dangerous and stupid.

Sucks that it happened, but there's TONS of accidents where the driver doesn't get hurt but the passenger does. Doesn't make it any less tragic, but the dude knew what he was getting into when he got in that car with Hogan's kid. Not surprised that it happened, and it sucks, but I'm not going to get all up in arms over this.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Accidents like this happen every day. Where the driver barely has a scratch but 1 or sometimes more passengers are either killed or maimed for life. This accident is nothing unique or special, so what's causing the tiltness? Because you don't like him from the how he appears on the show? Sounds like a personal problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can all be fairly sure that this crash had nothing to do with ego or being spoiled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction -

You mean this crash had nothing to do with a 17-year-old behind the wheel of a souped up car? Amazing.

17-year-olds always have tons of testosterone, and just because his car happened to be a lot faster than the ones most 17-year-olds drive way too fast, doesn't make it any worse. Ish happens, even to famous people.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 PM

yeah i don't know specifics, but if you get in a car with nick hogan, you know hes got a car that is decked out with every mod possible and you know he is going to drive as fast as possible.

still, it could have been someone in another car, so there should be consequences.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently Nick Hogan's friend who was a passenger in his car when he wrecked it speeding will only be able to open and close his eyes at best for the rest of his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he eats his vitamins and says his prayers? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't know specifics, but if you get in a car with nick hogan, you know hes got a car that is decked out with every mod possible and you know he is going to drive as fast as possible.

still, it could have been someone in another car, so there should be consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he'll be cited for reckless driving among other things, probably won't do any jail time since it was a single car accident and the passenger apparently wasn't wearing a seat belt. Plus he'll have to live with the fact that he almost killed his friend, so there is that.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 PM

Nick Hogan was wearing a seat belt and only broke his wrist. The passenger was not wearing a seat belt an this is the result.

I'm not saying Nick isn't a douche but all the blame does not ride with him.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leif Garrett
Vince Neil

[/ QUOTE ]

anudder 1 - In 1988, near Enniskillen in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, movie star MATTHEW BRODERICK was driving a rented BMW and inexplicably crossed the center lane, crashing head-on into a Volvo carrying local woman Anna Gallagher and her mother, Margaret Dougherty. Both women were killed. Broderick's passenger, actress Jennifer Grey, escaped with minor injuries, and Broderick ended up in an Irish hospital with a concussion, broken leg and collapsed lung. He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, but ended up being convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving. He paid a fine of $175. At the time the women's family called the conviction and fine a "travesty of justice," but in 2002 Broderick and the family tried to patch things up.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:51 PM

ND1970,

sorry to hear about your son.