Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: West Virginia
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 4.00%
7 1 4.00%
8 4 16.00%
9 10 40.00%
10 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

So was doing a little tilt control and testing out the internet quality in a new net cafe I found today:

9 hands of .5/1, won 8 of em just hitting the raise button, calling on the river when I had nothing. 332 BB/100.

Heres how they adjust to maniacs:

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows 2C 6C </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 2S QC </font>

I think it tilts me more when I can run like crap all day at 3/6 - 5/10 and then run like god when I'm pissin around.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again. It depends on which team you like. I have been follwing Juve since Michael Laudrup played there in the 80'es with Platini. Its been my team ever since and I try to watch everyone of their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the same way, then they bought Zlatan and my love for Juve went away real quick. Thank god they god rid of that [censored].
Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM

poker is gay as hell

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $30/$60
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 16.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed Kh 8c</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Ad Ac</font>

Full Tilt Poker $30/$60 Limit Hold'em - 2 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">SB/Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">SB/Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, SB/Button calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB/Button raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB/Button caps!</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">SB/Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.00 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
SB/Button shows Ts, 9h (two pair, Tens and Nines).
Hero mucks 4d, Td.
Outcome: SB/Button wins 13.99 BB.
($0.50 Rake)
</font>
almost c/red river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker $30/$60 Limit Hold'em - 2 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB/Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, BB calls.

River: (11.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.00 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
BB shows As, 9h (a full house, Nines full of Sevens).
Hero mucks Ac, Ad.
Outcome: BB wins 12.99 BB.
($0.50 Rake)
</font>

only winning 4k off this guy = such a beat
Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM

So I'm in the middle of a 200BB downswing right now and there has been little tilt, so I think I can more clearly see what I do when I'm running bad now that I've removed most of the impatient tilty play:

1) I call down too much. I call down with A high against LAGs because I think they are always bluffing, even when the board is no good. I call down loose passives, or even raise them when they donk and I have A high.
2) I overestimate my equity with marginal hands or overcards and raise.
3) I make some hero folds against loose passives when they donk the river in huge pots and then have to learn the big pot lesson all over again when I see they had a worse 2 pair.

Pre-flop has been good still, but post-flop I just start getting to showdown too much with marginal hands (and sometimes that means raising.) I guess I'm falling into that mode where I call when I shouldn't because I just start accepting that I'm going to lose (Tommy Angelo talks about this.) It's not like I could not be losing during this stretch, but I'm sure I could have saved about 50BB along the way somewhere.

I've had 2 300+BB downswings in the last year and a few 200BB downswings as well. If this turns into 300+BB that's not going to help my confidence. I'm still up overall, but that seems like too many big downswings for the amount I play (probably 150K.)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Absolution i could have told you that you would be in the middle of 200bb downswing about 30 seconds after you made those posts where you were jamming vs. "obvious flush draws" (which they may have been, not arguing with that).

Here's what you're doing - thinking too much. That's what like 99.9% of you do when you start losing. And it's because you started winning.

I'm not getting all "holy" on you either - i have been guilty of this time and time again, which is why i can recognize right away.

We want to crush these games, think we're the best, everyone else is bad, and it's all so easy. That's totally counterintuitive. If it WAS that easy, we wouldn't have to crush them. We could just play them and win. Not tilting is a 1bb/100 winrate. Not tilting and hand reading well is 2bb/100.

that's internet poker.

I stand by everything i've said here and if anyone disagrees, it's ok. There are some things I think, and others i know. This - i know.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM

^^^^ 100% true wow
Old 10-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Thanks danza, that helps. Now that I've almost got my tilt under control, I have to work on my discipline and make my game more level so that I don't start opening up too much when I'm running well and overthinking when I'm running bad. I see so much tilt and undisciplined play at the tables from otherwise good players and I aim to not be like that.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Abs, I often wonder if a large part of it is due to having a game that's more apt for 3/6 and higher and applying it to a 1/2 game. You're pretty aggressive and a thinking, calculating player. Sometimes I wonder if it's just way too much for a very elementary game of 1/2 where half the table (sometimes more) has never even touched a poker book.

A lot of the moves that are really good to make at 3/6 and above that you see posted in this forum and suggested in Stox' book against thinking aggressive players are terrible to make at 1/2 because there's rarely any substantial fold equity. Just an opinion. I could be way off and I'd love to see others chime in on this.

I've been beating 1/2 on stars for 2.8BB/100 since July and noticed my win rate jumped up from earlier in the year when I stopped trying to dry hump my raise button so much and just simply make hands in pots where I knew I'd be paid off if I did.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Besides the cliche you mention is so untrue its not even funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's absolutely true. In terms of watchability, Serie A is at best 4th behind Spain/England and Germany. Maybe even Argentinian slips in. Too much diving, too much 'tactical' fouling, too much catenaccio.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^^^^ 100% true wow

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post Danza. Absolutely right.
Closed Thread